autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are you a detailing purger or a hoarder

Haven't used it yet. Daily's are full wrap PPF and the garage queen didn't need it. I got the 15mm unit.
    Just need a *red tool* fixin...I'm knee deep in Red. Latest Binge was their Press System that does both copper and gas fittings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Haven't used it yet. Daily's are full wrap PPF and the garage queen didn't need it. I got the 15mm unit.
    Just need a *red tool* fixin...I'm knee deep in Red. Latest Binge was their Press System that does both copper and gas fittings.
    I was a Makita boy, but have been slowly making the trip to the red side, so I know the need for a red tool fix...............

Just splashed out on a SDS hammer drill last week, should make short work of a couple of jobs I have coming up.

For some reason, Milwaukee only sell the larger 6-inch DA polisher in Australia, with the batteries on hand now, I would be keen to look into the 5-inch.

Post Thanks / Like

Battery powered tool are convenient for the person who uses them occasionally. If you are using a battery powered polisher every day for hours the battery cost will be substantial. I'd think long term, a small generator would be more cost effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Battery powered tool are convenient for the person who uses them occasionally. If you are using a battery powered polisher every day for hours the battery cost will be substantial. I'd think long term, a small generator would be more cost effective.

My POV is the opposite. For someone who may use a tool sparingly and is not invested in a -battery system- corded is the way to go.
    For a PRO, who want's to be married to a cord these days....
    And depending on the end user, consumer, that may not be versed in best practice on battery management during storage (not in use), etc.
    Much higher ROI for a corded tool for someone who's doesn't get SOC for LIO, and or funky CHICOM batteries and usable lifespan of said battery.

Not in the realm of a DA, but the Cordless Grinder has absolutely replaced how I would use a grinder. I don't grab the Metabo
    I will grab the Cordless. Sure, there are times where I will go through 10-15 batteries -combo of either battery being depleted and or getting ***hot**, but it has infinitely allowed me to hold/use the tool in a Bajillion different ways that I would normally not because I would have to deal with -cord management- while in use of the tool. It's not just about power delivery. Cordless just simply unlocks different ways of doing things that you would normally use the same tool in corded. The other drawback is battery weight/tool balance but there are pros/cons to all things I suppose..

5. Likes noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ Cordless tools are game changing in many aspects IMHO.

In the context of DA, it just feels like freedom lol

I would assume the vast majority of people would grab a cordless polisher over a corded polisher intuitively any day.

The cordless drill for instance was a very big innovation for remote sites like the Alberta oilsands. It was like the best thing since sliced bread 10 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    For someone who is invested in a -battery system-
    I edited your words a bit to make a point, and that’s the thing, the way things currently are among most detailers, almost none of us are married to a single system way of doing things. Rupes produces arguably the highest quality polishers & products, but how many people out there truly stick with only using their system?

There’s a wide variety of polishers, not to mention products & pads, etc. and everyone seems to like to pick & choose what they prefer from all offerings. Which in turn sort of makes the reality of having to purchase chargers & batteries for all those tools somewhat of a buzzkill.

8. Likes PaulMys, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234