autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz UK 3.0 on new car - Need help with supply checklist!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    DIY Detail Gold Standard Polish. Pad dependent.
    Invest in their waffle and wool pads. Use my code MIKEGDIY to order directly from DIY.

Skip hyper compound. Has a horrible finish.
    All polishes are pad dependent Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with CarPro Essence as a finishing polish. Sio2 primer adds to CarPro coatings adherence to paint.

Your pads should be fine

Eraser and Prep are equivalent, I preferred Eraser but probably due to spell.

If paint is soft Correcting will get the defects and I’ve used it as a one step with polishing pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    All polishes are pad dependent Mike.
    True and some do a better hob if this. For the op the ease of simplicity having only one product with various pads would be easier than having multiple bottles.

I am not a fan of griot's polishes. Someone sent me samples some time ago and they ended up in the garbage. Perfect Finish which you like does a good job but the dusting kills it.

4. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I would go with CarPro Essence as a finishing polish. Sio2 primer adds to CarPro coatings adherence to paint.

Your pads should be fine

Eraser and Prep are equivalent, I preferred Eraser but probably due to spell.

If paint is soft Correcting will get the defects and I’ve used it as a one step with polishing pads.

After further research, I am debating using Gyeon's MOHS EVO? Would that work well with the CarPro Essence? Also, I am somewhat confused. The product description for Essence reads, "CARPRO ESSENCE LEAVES AN AMAZING HIGH GLOSS FINISH WITH SEMI-PERMANENT FILLERS AND PROTECTIVE CAPABILITIES ALL BUILT IN!" If I am preparing it for a ceramic, am I not wanting it to be without any fillers? How does Essence dust?
    Also, what about Menzerna's Super Finish 3500/3800? I don't know why, but it looks neat to me. HaHa

Post Thanks / Like

Why not use 3D One as a compounding - finishing product ?
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bornin1992 View Post
    After further research, I am debating using Gyeon's MOHS EVO? Would that work well with the CarPro Essence? Also, I am somewhat confused. The product description for Essence reads, "CARPRO ESSENCE LEAVES AN AMAZING HIGH GLOSS FINISH WITH SEMI-PERMANENT FILLERS AND PROTECTIVE CAPABILITIES ALL BUILT IN!" If I am preparing it for a ceramic, am I not wanting it to be without any fillers? How does Essence dust?
    Also, what about Menzerna's Super Finish 3500/3800? I don't know why, but it looks neat to me. HaHa
    It’s what CarPro recommends for CQUK3. You still panel wipe after. Gyeon primer has no fillers.

I have only used under Cquartz and Gyeon CanCoat. Worked well but both are Sio2 based.

Post Thanks / Like

Too oily. Skip them.

You don't need a primer polish. If you do use Essence be sure to panel prep wipe it. Same goes for Q2 primer.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this is all OBE by now. I was offline for most of the long weekend.

I do have clay, but I am also wondering whether a NanoSkin Sponge might be preferable.
    I'm not a fan of the NanoSkin sponges. Had a bad esperience with them. If you don't want to use a claybar one of the reputable clay mitts might be a better option. I use the Blackfire clay mitt on my cars and have been happy with it.

I have Gyeon Prep in my cart to order, but I have some CarPro Eraser: Are they equivalent?
    They are in my eyes. I've used both, but tend to use Eraser more because it was cheaper the last time I bought a bottle. I've used both with multiple brands of coatings with no issues. As long as the product removes all the oils and leaves a clean finish you should be good.

Do you use regular lighting or specialty lighting made for detailing?
    Nothing special. My first light stand was an inexpensive halogen work light rig I bought at Home Depot. I actually liked the warmer color temp (i.e. more yellow) of the light vs LED because it seemed to highlight the swirls more. The down side is those lights generate a LOT of heat. Great if you want to do some work in the colder months, but horrible in the summer. I had mine for years until it shorted out and caught fire. My new set up is and LED stand I got off Amazon. It's great for use around the house and the garage, but I do feel it's a little harder to spot the swirls.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You don't need a primer polish. If you do use Essence be sure to panel prep wipe it. Same goes for Q2 primer.
    Do you mean I do not need a primer polish in general or if I use MOHS EVO?
    I am having a lot of difficulties selecting a polish. What about CarPro Reflect or Perfect Finish if I go with MOHS EVO?

Also, update: I picked up the vehicle over the weekend, and there was a bit of miscommunication (again). It turns out the dealership only rinsed the vehicle and did not wash it. Overall, I would say the paint is nearly perfect but for several scratches that might have been caused when the plastic used to protect it in shipping was removed.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean I do not need a primer polish in general or if I use MOHS EVO?
    I am having a lot of difficulties selecting a polish. What about CarPro Reflect or Perfect Finish if I go with MOHS EVO?

Also, update: I picked up the vehicle over the weekend, and there was a bit of miscommunication (again). It turns out the dealership only rinsed the vehicle and did not wash it. Overall, I would say the paint is nearly perfect but for several scratches that might have been caused when the plastic used to protect it in shipping was removed.
    You don't need a primer polish with any coating. A regular polish is just fine followed by a panel wipe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast