autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire shine

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire shine

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    One dressing to consider is Griots Garage Black Satin aerosol. I'd never been a fan of aerosols, but this one is fairly controllable. It lists itself as a coating, which it isn't. It falls somewhere between a dressing and a coating...looking fairly fresh for 2-3 weeks...beads water for about 4-6 weeks.
    Agreed 100%.

I first tried this back in 2018 when my wife had her Nitto Grappler tires installed on her Wrangler.

No way in hell I was going to try and hand-apply a dressing to those gnarly-ass things. Brush or no brush. Lol

I have been impressed with it, but I have noticed that the level of shine varies with each can I buy.

Some cans have WAY more shine than others. Which kind of sucks when you are going after the "Satin" look.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Do you have a review posted anywhere? Curious what you think about it compared to 253.
    I have one of these TRC brushes dedicated to tire dressings and it works brilliantly for larger truck and SUV tires. In my case, I'm using Perl at 3:1 but any runny dressing would be work just fine, 253 included.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have one of these TRC brushes dedicated to tire dressings and it works brilliantly for larger truck and SUV tires. In my case, I'm using Perl at 3:1 but any runny dressing would be work just fine, 253 included.
    Thanks! I actually messed up the quote.

What I was really after was your thoughts on the Griots ceramic tire dressing.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks! I actually messed up the quote.

What I was really after was your thoughts on the Griots ceramic tire dressing.
    First use was Friday. Applied and looks great! Very even look. Just curious how long it's going to last.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

5. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    First use was Friday. Applied and looks great! Very even look. Just curious how long it's going to last.
    I got 3+ weeks. I replaced 2 tires after I put it on so I only had 1 front and 1 rear tire with it still on. The front tire still looked ok after 5 weeks. The dressing on the back tire was pretty gone. So call it about a month.

7. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I took your advice and bought some stuff. Purchased the Griot's Garage ceramic tire dressing and a flagged tipped brush. WOW. The brush was the ticket man. That went fast. But now I need a precision applicator for the area of the tire that meets the wheel. I used a round microfiber wax applicator but that wasn't the beans. What is recommended for precision application? Thanks for any advice that can be given. You guys are the best

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dadillac View Post
    Well I took your advice and bought some stuff. Purchased the Griot's Garage ceramic tire dressing and a flagged tipped brush. WOW. The brush was the ticket man. That went fast. But now I need a precision applicator for the area of the tire that meets the wheel. I used a round microfiber wax applicator but that wasn't the beans. What is recommended for precision application? Thanks for any advice that can be given. You guys are the best

Don
    Can you fit the edge of the brush between the rim and tire?

Post Thanks / Like

Don
    How about a small foam brush? Like those used for stain or varnishing? They have a "razor tip".
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a cheap 3 inch flag tipped paint brush. Can swipe right along that edge with precsionTire shine

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Don
    I use a CarPro Swipe applicator on my tires. The angled edge can go right in between the tire and wheel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast