autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Still new to polishing/waxing

Hey everyone! So two years ago I waxed my car for the first time. At the time, I did not have DA polisher and wanted to do it by hand. I did invest in several high quality microfiber towels from good rated car businesses, and car shampoo. I used the Mothers 3 step method to wash it, including Mothers Carnauba paste wax, plus all the correct washing applications, and I was pleased with the result.

Fast forward to now, and I am preparing to step it up a bit and do a full detail on the car. I've purchased iron remover, more towels, tools, liquids, etc and invested in a DA polisher with LC pads. Due to winter, and usage, my car has some swirls.

I have heard GG correcting cream has gotten great reviews to remove scratches, and Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax No. 845 is a great finishing wax.

1. Does anyone have any thoughts on mixing the two? Is it worth the extra $? Mothers does sell a rubbing compound that also seems to get rid of swirls.

2. Can anyone recommend a good swirl finder light? There seems to be a ton on the market but none stand out for reviews.

3. Silly question, but I invested in a SunJoe 3000 pressure washer and two good quality pressure washer hoses. Every time I hook up either hose, there's never any pressure. Thoughts?

Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Still new to polishing/waxing

Mixing the 2 what? GG Correcting cream and 845?

HF sells a color match inspection light that's reasonably priced.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got finished using Griots fast correcting cream and correcting cream. I've used #845 in the past, but Wolfgang high gloss paint sealant is much better in my opinion.

I've also used Wolfgang Uber compound, total swirl remover and finishing glaze. I was getting better results on this car with the Griots.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Mixing the 2 what? GG Correcting cream and 845?

HF sells a color match inspection light that's reasonably priced.
    Yea, I was thinking of using the GG correcting cream to get rid of the swirls, and the 845 for the actual wax application itself. It seems a lot of people mix and match their favorite products.

I'd rather not spend a ton of money just for a trial and error type situation.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 845 on one of my cars. I use 3D Bead it Up as a drying aid when wiping off the rinseless wash. Very slick result.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChasKSC View Post
    Hey everyone! So two years ago I waxed my car for the first time. At the time, I did not have DA polisher and wanted to do it by hand. I did invest in several high quality microfiber towels from good rated car businesses, and car shampoo. I used the Mothers 3 step method to wash it, including Mothers Carnauba paste wax, plus all the correct washing applications, and I was pleased with the result.

Fast forward to now, and I am preparing to step it up a bit and do a full detail on the car. I've purchased iron remover, more towels, tools, liquids, etc and invested in a DA polisher with LC pads. Due to winter, and usage, my car has some swirls.

I have heard GG correcting cream has gotten great reviews to remove scratches, and Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax No. 845 is a great finishing wax.
    Yes, both products are proven winners.

1. Does anyone have any thoughts on mixing the two? Is it worth the extra $? Mothers does sell a rubbing compound that also seems to get rid of swirls.
    I'm assuming you mean using the 845 after the Griots CC. No problem with that at all.

2. Can anyone recommend a good swirl finder light? There seems to be a ton on the market but none stand out for reviews.
    The sun.

3. Silly question, but I invested in a SunJoe 3000 pressure washer and two good quality pressure washer hoses. Every time I hook up either hose, there's never any pressure. Thoughts?
    Did you remove the plastic plug on the inlet side of the pump? (They are shipped with a plug to protect from debris getting inside.)

Thanks all!
    Hope this helps.......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChasKSC View Post
    Yea, I was thinking of using the GG correcting cream to get rid of the swirls, and the 845 for the actual wax application itself. It seems a lot of people mix and match their favorite products.

I'd rather not spend a ton of money just for a trial and error type situation.
    yeah, like Paul said...no issues with that. it's more when you have a wax and are deciding to top it with a spray wax/ceramic detailer/etc that people tend to stick with the same brand more. GG CC doesn't have any wax. Just use a panel wipe after you're done with the CC and it's a clean slate to put on whatever wax you want.

Post Thanks / Like

I did my wife’s mustang last year with GG products with 845 on top. No issues and it looked good. If you go the 845 route, it will come in a bottle and it looks solid, get a pitcher for iced tea, fill it up with hot water and let the bottle float around to liquify the 845.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2021 Ford F-150 XL STX 5.0 Coyote
    2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

9. Likes Eldorado2k, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still new to polishing/waxing

That looks great!^Still new to polishing/waxing

11. Thanks Brrr thanked for this post