autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice on my Spring routine

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post
    Thank you for the replies. Just to elaborate , I had done a good polish about 5months ago prior to my winter sealing. I did an entire iron remover, polish, seal, etc. and topped off with OCW throughout the winter with my normal washes.

I would still use that process come spring, I am mainly looking for advice on whether these Wash and Wax products would be worth it ( due to the ease of using them) or if I should stick to my 3D Pink wash and then use some type of topper that would work well with the Deep Gloss.

I see the recommendation for the Deep Gloss Spritz, but is that a topper or is that just a spray on version of regular Deep Gloss liquid? I would be using the topper every 2-3 weeks and don’t want to keep adding sealant over sealant.

I was originally thinking of a Caranuba type topper for its shine. And since I would be applying this e dry 2-3 weeks. It would wear off by that point anyway so I would not be compounding product over product so much. Would something like the Wolfgang Uber Wash n Wax be any better or worse than the Spritz ?
    Wolfgang recommends it as a topper. In you case I would use the spritz once monthly ontop of wgdgps and then use WG spritz detailer every wash.

As for glossy to top it there aren’t to many people left using WGDGPS and carnauba toppers. Sooo 2007’ish.

Most have moved onto Sio2 products.

The products I like for weekly top ups are P&S Dream Maker, Adam’s slick and slide (TecChoice 582 is same product) and my favorite but have to order from Canada is Tac Systems Shinee Wax. Last one would be my choice if I used DGP sealant.

Also Griots Best of Show spray wax was nice couple times I used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm debating on wether or not to give my car a light polish this spring.

I haven't been diligent either, but it still looks great. Right now it's a test bed for Optimum stuff, but I have Opti-Seal on the majority of the paint.

I did top everything off with OCW in the fall and have been doing ONR washes in the garage.

I like using Optimum Instantant Detailer for a drying aid and for those times I want to baby the car after washing.

The gf's Jeeep has Gloss Coat + Hyper Seal on it, so all it's going to need is a light decon wash and Instant Detailer.

Mom's car has Opti-Seal and it will get the clay + Opti-Seal in the spring again. It's been doing a great job since I applied the last coat in the fall. But, the winter here in MI has been mild until today anyways!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I'm debating on wether or not to give my car a light polish this spring.

I haven't been diligent either, but it still looks great. Right now it's a test bed for Optimum stuff, but I have Opti-Seal on the majority of the paint.

I did top everything off with OCW in the fall and have been doing ONR washes in the garage.

I like using Optimum Instantant Detailer for a drying aid and for those times I want to baby the car after washing.

The gf's Jeeep has Gloss Coat + Hyper Seal on it, so all it's going to need is a light decon wash and Instant Detailer.

Mom's car has Opti-Seal and it will get the clay + Opti-Seal in the spring again. It's been doing a great job since I applied the last coat in the fall. But, the winter here in MI has been mild until today anyways!
    Do you do detailing professionally? Just asking because you seem to be all I. On optimum products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Wolfgang recommends it as a topper. In you case I would use the spritz once monthly ontop of wgdgps and then use WG spritz detailer every wash.

As for glossy to top it there aren’t to many people left using WGDGPS and carnauba toppers. Sooo 2007’ish.

Most have moved onto Sio2 products.

HaHa that’s funny.
    So if you say everyone is going to Si02, should I get the WF Uber Si02? Or is Spritz better for WGDPS ?

Post Thanks / Like

HaHa that’s funny.
    So if you say everyone is going to Si02, should I get the WF Uber Si02? Or is Spritz better for WGDPS ?
    I’d stick with spritz.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to keep going, but I am truly interested, why the Spritz over the Si02? Is it because I’m using the DGPS or is there another factor that you’re making that suggestion based on ?
    I don’t get on here often so I’m truly trying to soak up the good knowledge of you all.

Post Thanks / Like

Advice on my Spring routine

Not to keep going, but I am truly interested, why the Spritz over the Si02? Is it because I’m using the DGPS or is there another factor that you’re making that suggestion based on ?
    I don’t get on here often so I’m truly trying to soak up the good knowledge of you all.
    Just based on Wolfgang recommendations. The sio2 gets good review but I don’t no if it will adhere as well.

Would I try it…. Yes…. Because I have personally not used these products I am making recommendations based of manufacturers suggestions.

I personally would lay down a coating instead of WGDGPS

8. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I personally would lay down a coating instead of WGDGPS

NO WAY!!

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    NO WAY!!

Hey pap...take your old waxy sealant crap out back and burry it, get with the times! Hahaha
    pokeAdvice on my Spring routine

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast