autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gyeon Can Coat

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Can Coat

Klasse SG was my "thin trainer", although 845 was a good teacher as well. With SG, if you could see it clearly on the paint you were applying it too thick.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Nozzle cleaning is super important with CanCoat. My 1st bottle taught me that imperative. I managed to clog all 3 package sprayers! I was basically screwed with half the bottle remaining. I tried applying it with my brick style applicators and didn't like it. Their recommended folded towel app is my favorite. And quicker.

I now religously and immediately flush them out after each use. I did go up to a local beauty supply store and buy 5 2oz spray bottles for the future just in case.

I offer my least expensive ceramic coating package using CanCoat because of the relatively low cost. It's a good entry level ceramic for customers. Once they see how much they like it some have opted for my premium coating package. $$$$!

It does go on thin, thin and did I mention thin. I was trained on thin a couple decades ago using Zaino (oops, dirty word around here). Also, like Paulie said, Collonite was another "thin" trainer. The initial post above got a flinch cringe from me..."how many bottles to do my truck?". Ouch.
    I gave up on all of this, im just lazy....for about 50 cents each, my wife bought me some 2oz atomizers from the cosmetics section at the dollar store....i use em once and throw them away

you are right though, they clog up quick....the first clue is...they send three applicatory nozzles they aren't doing that to cut costs, they know what this stuff does to spray nozzles....it's a pretty hot chem, ya have to work quick with it, and it dries fairly quickly

I did the same thing, had all three nozzles clogged with about 3/4 of the can left

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I now clean my nozzles out promptly and really haven't had a problem since. As soon as I'm done i put the nozzle in my distilled water bottle and give it a good 10-15 squirts. I then put the nozzle in my bottle of Eraser and about 5-7 squirts. Then inside to flush it good with warm water, leave that in overnight then squirt till its dry and leave it out next to my CanCoat bottle (tightly sealed) in a gallon zip lock purged of air.

I know what you mean, it's nonsense to do all that but i haven't found small cosmetic sprayers with the same squirt pattern.

I know...anal?

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just punt the sprayer and use an eye dropper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Gyeon Can CoatGyeon Can Coat i would love to be your neighbor to see that

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

little nuggets like this are why i drop by this forum, thank you...it's such an obvious solution
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gyeon Can Coat-that70s-show-eric-foreman-jpg  

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if infinity wax is in America yet but they have a cancoat type product called Synergy Lite in 100ml. I've read some user feedback it actually might be more durable than cancoat. It also has a build in polymer to protect the coating while it cures. Once my cancoat hardens i will be looking hard at it. Cancoat never disappointed me in beading however. But i will be lucky to get through half the can before it's done. I will re-apply it the spring after about 6 or 7 mths following a strong chemical decon.

And yeah 2-3 sprays in your towel is more than enough for cancoat. I dealt with some high spots last year and you have to work fast IME. It's not a forgiving product. Personally i wouldn't recommend it to someone that doesn't have a polisher.

I also read technically it's not a true ceramic coating but who cares it works lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Not sure if infinity wax is in America yet but they have a cancoat type product called Synergy Lite in 100ml. I've read some user feedback it actually might be more durable than cancoat. It also has a build in polymer to protect the coating while it cures. Once my cancoat hardens i will be looking hard at it. Cancoat never disappointed me in beading however. But i will be lucky to get through half the can before it's done. I will re-apply it the spring after about 6 or 7 mths following a strong chemical decon.

And yeah 2-3 sprays in your towel is more than enough for cancoat. I dealt with some high spots last year and you have to work fast IME. It's not a forgiving product. Personally i wouldn't recommend it to someone that doesn't have a polisher.

I also read technically it's not a true ceramic coating but who cares it works lol
    Watch some you tube video’s. Forensics is nice. Basic sealant like beading and sheeting. More comparable to Griots 3-1 than CanCoat from what I’ve seen.

15. Likes noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Watch some you tube video’s. Forensics is nice. Basic sealant like beading and sheeting. More comparable to Griots 3-1 than CanCoat from what I’ve seen.

Forensics is ok but he has that channel to make a living. So i take it with a grain of salt and it takes at least 7 days for the polymer to wear off for Synergy lite. I'm not a bead head anyhow, it looks nice of course. I can just top it with something if i want beads like sonax BSD. Never heard much about their new ceramic quick detailer which is supposedly slick. And relatively speaking it's very cheap. Even infinity waxes quick detailer is suppose to be very nice to use and I've seen one professional - master detailler from sonax - state how hydrophobic supergloss+ is. I won't ever pay polish angel prices again frankly. I have a small family now and inflation is a bummer.

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Forensics is ok but he has that channel to make a living. So i take it with a grain of salt and it takes at least 7 days for the polymer to wear off for Synergy lite. I'm not a bead head anyhow, it looks nice of course. I can just top it with something if i want beads like sonax BSD. Never heard much about their new ceramic quick detailer which is supposedly slick. And relatively speaking it's very cheap. Even infinity waxes quick detailer is suppose to be very nice to use and I've seen one professional - master detailler from sonax - state how hydrophobic supergloss+ is. I won't ever pay polish angel prices again frankly. I have a small family now and inflation is a bummer.
    Well forensics is one of the ones like Apex. I feel there still telling truth about products. Otherwise why would we watch any?

And i like how he doesn’t force his opinions but let you conclude on your own. Lastly I’m pretty sure with his lac luster results he was getting paid for that video.

19. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast