autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gyeon Can Coat

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Can Coat

in case you haven't realized, one can is plenty for several coats on several cars

I however used a full can on my first bike, on account of me being a newb and all....i'll be honest, i have no idea how I got that much on a motorcycle

just being honest....about 1/8 of a can did my brother's motorcycle, 2 coats ......... lil bit goes a long way

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely can do multiple vehicles. Just remember to remove the spray nozzle and flush in water. Seal with screw-on cap. I missed that on the package instructions until I had 2 spray nozzles clog up after use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Yes i did go heavy my first time lol, and i remember you telling me that after i commented on it in a thread last year. I have since backed off and application has gone much smoother.

But my comment on you saying to use about 1/4 bottle..was that real? I only ask because gyeon states ya only need 10-15ml per vehicle. Thats where i got that number.

Im not being a wanker, im genuinly asking. Just want to make sure im doing it correctly.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    The op states a Chevy truck. If it’s a silverado then that’s a more coating use than say a Colorado. Also taking into account coating trim and wheels.

10-15ml is for an average size vehicle. Something larger gets you closer to 30 ml.

For a first timer learning to use the product it’s closer to the 20-25 ml mark.

4. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The op states a Chevy truck. If it’s a silverado then that’s a more coating use than say a Colorado. Also taking into account coating trim and wheels.

10-15ml is for an average size vehicle. Something larger gets you closer to 30 ml.

For a first timer learning to use the product it’s closer to the 20-25 ml mark.
    Thanks for this guz, really helps me out.Gyeon Can Coat

I clearly misinformed the OP.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

6. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3 cans…. 1 to coat your truck several times and other vehicles if you wish and 2 to send to me….Gyeon Can Coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Lance Mark, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynoguy View Post
    Thanks for the help guys.
    as well, Gyeon makes a Rim coating made for the high heat and harsh particulates that gets on rims, works a lot like CanCoat....i did a '21 Street Glide and used it on the front and rear rims, super easy to apply

they give you a little applicator and a block to help you make quick work of broad flat surfaces, but you may find yourself needing to get into some more tight spaces...with nitrile gloves on, wrap one two fingers in the applicator cloth, and secure with a rubber band, this way you can focus on poking and prodding and getting product into the nooks and crannies without trying to keep ahold of the cloth

11. Likes Texchappy, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve written about this before, one of the biggest mistakes that us old-school guys make with the new coatings and sealants, is we naturally use too much. Why? Because we need to see it go on, and lay on the surface as we're coming from waxes etc, and many new sealants you don’t have to do that. Watch a few YouTube videos and you’ll find it a couple spritzes on a fender, And then you spread it, is enough. It’s a little bit like the emperors new clothes, you have to just believe that it’s enough… Lol.
    Glen -

13. Thanks Lance Mark thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Lance Mark, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I’ve written about this before, one of the biggest mistakes that us old-school guys make with the new coatings and sealants, is we naturally use too much. Why? Because we need to see it go on, and lay on the surface as we're coming from waxes etc, and many new sealants you don’t have to do that. Watch a few YouTube videos and you’ll find it a couple spritzes on a fender, And then you spread it, is enough. It’s a little bit like the emperors new clothes, you have to just believe that it’s enough… Lol.
    Using Collinite 476 will break you of the "use too much" habit real quick. Lol

This helped me tremendously when I first applied a coating.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Likes Paul A., DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nozzle cleaning is super important with CanCoat. My 1st bottle taught me that imperative. I managed to clog all 3 package sprayers! I was basically screwed with half the bottle remaining. I tried applying it with my brick style applicators and didn't like it. Their recommended folded towel app is my favorite. And quicker.

I now religously and immediately flush them out after each use. I did go up to a local beauty supply store and buy 5 2oz spray bottles for the future just in case.

I offer my least expensive ceramic coating package using CanCoat because of the relatively low cost. It's a good entry level ceramic for customers. Once they see how much they like it some have opted for my premium coating package. $$$$!

It does go on thin, thin and did I mention thin. I was trained on thin a couple decades ago using Zaino (oops, dirty word around here). Also, like Paulie said, Collonite was another "thin" trainer. The initial post above got a flinch cringe from me..."how many bottles to do my truck?". Ouch.

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast