autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SLIM Extended Reach Wheel Barrel tools

I have a Mustang with the Performance Pack 6-Piston Brembo calipers with 380mm disks housed in a 19-inch wheel.

While there is plenty of clearance for a microfiber brush, it's the high points on the caliper that limit access in this area.

My initial response to this was using the small Wheel Woolie, although still with some restriction -

I then progressed to the red Speedmaster type brushes, the small one is needed for the this car -

I'm now using the blue EZ Detail versions, again the small one for this spot, the rest of the wheel dealt with a softer microfiber brush -

This method sees me getting to 98% of the wheel, again the high spots on the caliper limit access. I'm content with this as the wheels are coated and most of the brake dust washes off with water anyway, any remaining in the spot will end up being dealt with at the next wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have a Mustang with the Performance Pack 6-Piston Brembo calipers with 380mm disks housed in a 19-inch wheel.

While there is plenty of clearance for a microfiber brush, it's the high points on the caliper that limit access in this area.

My initial response to this was using the small Wheel Woolie, although still with some restriction -

I then progressed to the red Speedmaster type brushes, the small one is needed for the this car -

I'm now using the blue EZ Detail versions, again the small one for this spot, the rest of the wheel dealt with a softer microfiber brush -

This method sees me getting to 98% of the wheel, again the high spots on the caliper limit access. I'm content with this as the wheels are coated and most of the brake dust washes off with water anyway, any remaining in the spot will end up being dealt with at the next wash.
    You should jack up the car before cleaning the wheels

3. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    You should jack up the car before cleaning the wheels
    I should, but even I have a limit.

Post Thanks / Like

Thred Brump.

Summer wheels are on and I have a smidge more clearance between 395 rotor and wheel.......so I can fit a wheel woollie in.
    I did order a barrell blade just because

Needed a wheel well tool and received my 1st *ez detail* tool as well.
    I've always thought the bristles would scratch wheels

So for those using EZ Detail, does it pass the washing jet black barrels ......
    The OP was for the winter wheels where the 20"s are literally a hair clearance to the rotor

Post Thanks / Like

This brush is capable of fitting into the thinnest gaps of all. I’ve been using these brushes for years. Never scratched a thing. Anyone who’s complaining about needing to fit and doesn’t have 1 of these is missing out.

Not too long ago I finally decided to try a Whoolie style wheel brush. Used that Whoolie once, it sucked, didn’t fit, it’s been in the backyard somewhere ever since. Next time I see it it’s going in the trash.

7. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No One talks about it but it's still a great tool in my arsenal - messy. Maybe I'm a DINO Saur.
    Maybe didn't sell well cause it can get messy.

Cannot remember the name and at one point, Adam's relabeled it.

It's a flex-ish rod, 3 sizes similar to WW, with fabric -flaps- stitched into the rod length.
    U use a drill to spin it (and bou the splatter), but even the large is pretty small profile and it allows the rod slop past the small clearances and then you -run the drill- to spin it so the fabric flaps do the work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    No One talks about it but it's still a great tool in my arsenal - messy. Maybe I'm a DINO Saur.
    Maybe didn't sell well cause it can get messy.

Cannot remember the name and at one point, Adam's relabeled it.

It's a flex-ish rod, 3 sizes similar to WW, with fabric -flaps- stitched into the rod length.
    U use a drill to spin it (and bou the splatter), but even the large is pretty small profile and it allows the rod slop past the small clearances and then you -run the drill- to spin it so the fabric flaps do the work
    I know what you’re talking about. I’ve never used it, but from the looks of it it seems like it’d lack power to clean some really dirty wheel barrels + a bit time consuming having to pull the drill out just to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

The flaps with drill - MOAR power....one needs to know how much throttle and let it stop revolutipon before removing it. The spinning flap=overspray galore.....
    In 2+ decades of detailing, I just received my 1st brush material similar like the SM Arnold.
    Bought a EZ detail for wheel wells.
    Haven't done the CD* test if I can find one to see how soft or not these type of material is

Post Thanks / Like

SLIM Extended Reach Wheel Barrel tools

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    The flaps with drill - MOAR power....one needs to know how much throttle and let it stop revolutipon before removing it. The spinning flap=overspray galore.....
    In 2+ decades of detailing, I just received my 1st brush material similar like the SM Arnold.
    Bought a EZ detail for wheel wells.
    Haven't done the CD* test if I can find one to see how soft or not these type of material is
    Which exact brush is it?

I’ve never done a CD test. You don’t plan to do it dry, are you?
    I wouldn’t do that to any of my CD’s

Post Thanks / Like

Shop - EZ Detail Brush
    Go EZ

Similar to the most recent pics in this thread from DFB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast