autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Challenges with Gyeon Cancoat

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Totally disregarding his OP, where he clearly prepped to the T and had the same result.^
    No i saw it but obviously something didn’t bond. To just apply over whatever caused it to fail, just gonna do same thing.

Polish was already done to better the paint… so trying to prep again to remove what was making it fail.

OP, you said was tacky on removal? How long was it open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Challenges with Gyeon Cancoat

Quote Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
    That’s pretty much my point. It’s contradictory to say that this is supposed to be a really easy product to use, and yet the towel I used or whether or not I used a panel wipe prior to application could be fatal to its overall effectiveness? That’s just bizarre to me.
    Sorry your experience sucked with it but your experience is an outlier.

it is a pretty easy product for almost everyone here who used it. Your experience is not the norm. Just trying to help you troubleshoot.

3. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The notion of Can Coat being "easy" to apply relates to the simpler application method compared to a traditional ceramic coating, ie a spraying into a towel and a wipe on/wipe off process, compared to the more methodical liquid droplets onto an applicator block and observing flashing times before removal. In that respect, Can Coat is extremely easy to use.

However, it is still a ceramic coating and therefore requires appropriate preparation to ensure a correct bond to the paint, ie tar and iron removal, claying (if needed) and polishing (if needed), all followed by an IPA/Prep spray wipe down. Skip these steps, the performance of the coating will be compromised.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Sorry your experience sucked with it but your experience is an outlier.

it is a pretty easy product for almost everyone here who used it. Your experience is not the norm. Just trying to help you troubleshoot.

Definitely an outlier.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The other way to look at it is sometimes you just don’t get the results you want for whatever reason. I’ve bought products that I’ve used before and didn’t get the same results, I’ve tried new products that looked promising and I just didn’t enjoy them. I wouldn’t dwell on it and it’s ok to just move on

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No i saw it but obviously something didn’t bond. To just apply over whatever caused it to fail, just gonna do same thing.
    I was referring to the Guz reply.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
    I really tried to prep well. I might have missed the mark on that front.

I’ve just not had the experience that seems to be the norm for this product. I use a lot of Gyeon products so it’s not like I’m biased against the brand. It just doesn’t last nearly as long for me as it’s supposed to. I didn’t find it easy to work with either - it’s really grabby and easy to leave those shadows or high spots all over the place. I have no idea how anyone could do their entire car in 20 minutes. More like 2 hours.

My point being, if this is supposed to be so easy, then why do all these other factors matter? If I am supposed to be able to just spray it on, wipe it off, and move on, why does it seem to fail after 5 or 6 washes?
    Cancoat is not that easy to use IME either but for me it has proven to be stout but nothing extraordinary.

However, if the bottle of liquid fails in 2 years i wouldn't consider buying another one. I have a bottle of essence+ to try next for a stand alone sealant. Should be interesting.

But i agree it's not "easy" to use. It stinks, clogs up sprayers, grabby wipe off and it will leave high spots like any coating. It works but i don't think it's in the "easy" category sorry folks lol

Caveat: This is all relative. In a garage, cancoat would be pretty straight forward. But again easy would not be a word i would use to describe cancoat lol

13. Likes opie liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Update! I finally got to give my car a decent wash and the self cleaning of cancoat or the magic of my polisher must have affected something lol

I just pre-treated some areas with a light acidic/alkaline homebrew, low pressure rinse from the town and a rinseless wash. I still don't understand where all the dirt went. It's not a daily driver but sits outside with very little washes - was basically the first half decent wash i done on my car since i applied cancoat last oct.

15. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Update! I finally got to give my car a decent wash and the self cleaning of cancoat or the magic of my polisher must have affected something lol

I just pre-treated some areas with a light acidic/alkaline homebrew, low pressure rinse from the town and a rinseless wash. I still don't understand where all the dirt went. It's not a daily driver but sits outside with very little washes - was basically the first half decent wash i done on my car since i applied cancoat last oct.
    Nothing makes cleaning easier than a coating…

17. Likes CleanIT, noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing makes cleaning easier than a coating…

i found it to be a really gratifying experience...ya gotta have that detailing bug to feel this way I guess....but when I cleaned my bike for the first time after CanCoat...right away I realized something....I am able to more gently wash my bike and return it to pretty damn near close to how it looked right after the detail, in way less time

19. Likes noorth, CleanIT liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast