autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

polish angel black car

new black car. used polish angel cosmic spritz that is streaking. would overcoat be better on a black car or is there another issue?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: polish angel black car

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    new black car. used polish angel cosmic spritz that is streaking. would overcoat be better on a black car or is there another issue?
    Is this the new car that has DuPont something-or-other applied by the dealer? If so, all bets are off with anything you apply on top of that unknown sealant/wax/coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

it is. I got a griots garage G9 and used it. I pulled off scratches (surprised a new car would have them). So I thought I got it all off. I can try to use some more ultrared on it. How often can I use the G9 is it a yearly thing or can I use it more? I don't want to remove too much clear coat. What is your recommendation? I wanted to use some Polish Angel Glasscoat but I am thinking about waiting too expensive for it not to bound.

Post Thanks / Like

it is. I got a griots garage G9 and used it. I pulled off scratches (surprised a new car would have them). So I thought I got it all off. I can try to use some more ultrared on it. How often can I use the G9 is it a yearly thing or can I use it more? I don't want to remove too much clear coat. What is your recommendation? I wanted to use some Polish Angel Glasscoat but I am thinking about waiting too expensive for it not to bound.
    When it comes to Cosmic, which is blindingly easy to use, the only thing that has ever caused streaking (easily removed) for me (and I can streak pure water sprayed on a clean, virgin panel :lol: ) is some type of contamination on the surface or over-use. If you're sure you have polished off the mystery Dupont stuff, a panel wipe w/ appropriate product like Gyeon Prep before the Cosmic application should leave the panel ready for Cosmic.

As for how often you can polish, well...that all depends on the aggressiveness of the products you use...especially when it comes to raised accent lines on body panels where the clearcoat is always thinner.

5. Likes Rod73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I could be applying too much but it seems if I breath on the black paint it scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

polish angel black car

I could be applying too much but it seems if I breath on the black paint it scratches.
    You only need 1-2 sprays per panel. In my shadow black mustang I had no issues with streaks. Even with 2-3 sprays per panel.

If the stuff on there is stout you may not have removed if pads, polish were not aggressive enough or you were moving to fast, not enough pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    You only need 1-2 sprays per panel. In my shadow black mustang I had no issues with streaks. Even with 2-3 sprays per panel.

If the stuff on there is stout you may not have removed if pads, polish were not aggressive enough or you were moving to fast, not enough pressure.

I used sonax perfect finish problem solved.

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that the problem is solved. What provides better protection pa cosmic spritz or pa glass coat. I understand that glass coat lasts longer but is it the same protection for 6 mts as to water beed and uv protection?

Post Thanks / Like

Now that the problem is solved. What provides better protection pa cosmic spritz or pa glass coat. I understand that glass coat lasts longer but is it the same protection for 6 mts as to water beed and uv protection?
    Never use glass coat but I get 2 months out of cosmic spritz we’re I’m happy. Still at 80% but why not. At 2 month intervals product would expire befor you use it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz & High Gloss - WaxMode Review - YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast