autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preserving "New" exterior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    What happened with it?
    Looks greyish/spotty and uneven in spots where the coating has broken down. I just topped it a couple days ago so I can't get a good picture of it now. It's just random spots, so maybe places I put it on too heavy, IDK. Whatever it was, it's too finicky for me to recommend to DIY for black textured trim. On wheels, it was fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    The Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray should last 4-6 months on normal paint, probably less if it has a decent coating on it though it likely would make the coating last longer. The ceramic spray can also be used on the trim to keep it protected and I’d expect it to do well though not sure how long it’s durability would be. My guess is you’d want to use it every 3 months to ensure solid protection.
    Since I had a bottle of this on hand I went ahead and did the external trim around fenders and lower body the other day. I have to say that as far as appearance goes I couldn't have asked for more on the brand new Honda plastic. I have already done 2 coats on the mud flaps and the 2nd coat really added a nice sheen. I will be applying the 2nd coat to the remainder of the trim this afternoon. I understand I won't be getting the long term protection I would with other products but this stuff is convenient and inexpensive. If I have to touch this up this every 4-6 washes I'll be fine with that. I'm hoping 2 "cured" coats and the fact that it lives in the garage will get me optimum product life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by argulator View Post
    Looks greyish/spotty and uneven in spots where the coating has broken down. I just topped it a couple days ago so I can't get a good picture of it now. It's just random spots, so maybe places I put it on too heavy, IDK. Whatever it was, it's too finicky for me to recommend to DIY for black textured trim. On wheels, it was fine.
    Loading up Dlux or over working will cause unevenness.

4. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345