autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swirl remover

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Swirl remover

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Have you ever tried any BOSS creams, Dan?
    No sir, I have not. Not yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    I have been using both the 105 & 205 a little lately & to be honest, I cant see what all the complaining is about dust, VERY minimal for me-- yes there is some but nothing to complain about. Merlin seems to like that combo-- seems like most of his corrections that he posts are done with that combo
    I would often revert back to Ultimate Compound if the dusting got to be too much.

I had several issues working against me back when I was using M105.

1. Outdoors. I was at the mercy of the sun, and when the sun hit, the dust flew! Since 2015 I've had a garage, and work part time inside a nice shop. This helps a lot!

2. Pad choice. I was locked into the green hex logic (same foam as the green B&S). While the open cell structure aided in the cut from a contourable pads, they allows the air to come in and dry out the M105. I can use that pad with M105 today, but a microfiber pad really keeps the moisture in the pad. A light spritz of M34 Final Inspection can help reactivate the abrasives lost in the pad, allowing me to "stretch" the product without reloading additional M105. This also helps keep the pad cleaner, longer.

3. Too high of speed. I was on speed 6 on the Porter Cable 7424xp, which was unnecessary. Today I can use speed 4.5, or 5 on the PC and get a better cut and finish with M105.

4. Experience. I was new to using M105, just returned to detailing after a lengthy hiatus, and exceedingly impatient. In the time that has passed since 2013 experts like Kevin Brown, Jose Fernandez, and Jason Rose relayed advice that helped me use M105 as it was intended.

As I progress I will most likely keep a quart of M105 around, but M110.... I'm REALLY liking that compound. It cuts fast and clean.

Post Thanks / Like

We finished the Porsche today and I reverted back to the 3D ACA500 and ONE.

The main difference I'm experiencing is the way these products work. The results are similar.

M105 cuts hard and fast. The ACA500 took more time, but removed more defects. I just had to allow myself to work it longer. I kind of liked how fast I could zip through with the M105, and just follow with another set of passes when/if needed.

M205 and 3D ONE remnd me a lot of one another in terms of versatility. Both can cut and both can finish well.

I like the way the Meguiar's wipes away from the paint. Very easy to remove. The 3D tends to stick a little more.

The take away is that I want to start using the Meguiar's more often. I miss them, I love the performance, and the user experience.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=dlc95;1754086] air to come in and dry out the M105.[/QUOTE
    Thats my only beef with the Megs- they dry out a bit to fast for my liking. I tend to like a little more open time, the Scholls gives me that.

But I still love me some Megs
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

6. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=luckydawg;1754091]
    Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    air to come in and dry out the M105.[/QUOTE
    Thats my only beef with the Megs- they dry out a bit to fast for my liking. I tend to like a little more open time, the Scholls gives me that.

But I still love me some Megs
    Agreed.

The D300, Ultimate Compound, and M110 mitigate that drying out feature. The microfiber pad also does a great job retaining moisture in the pad, even with M105!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=dlc95;1754120]

Agreed.

The D300, Ultimate Compound, and M110 mitigate that drying out feature. The microfiber pad also does a great job retaining moisture in the pad, even with M105!
    I got a bottle of D300 from KB ( Buff Daddy ) but never used it , maybe I will give it a shot next time
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

I just went to the megs site to look up the D300 and figured out why its stayed on the shelf. It says its formulated exclusively for MF pads--
    I never use those, I am a strict foam fella & wool / wool hybrid on the rotary

You ever used it with a foam pad?

Post Thanks / Like

I just went to the megs site to look up the D300 and figured out why its stayed on the shelf. It says its formulated exclusively for MF pads--
    I never use those, I am a strict foam fella & wool / wool hybrid on the rotary

You ever used it with a foam pad?
    I have!

It reminded me a lot of Ultimate Compound.

My coworker uses it a lot with the orange HDO pads. He's not a fan of doing two steps at work, and likes to do everything in one step as much as possible. He actually hates doing paint correction work. D300 on foam helps him do that.

11. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover is a great product. Provides greater correction with a firmer pad - deeper gloss with a softer pad. I also have had great results with CarPro Essence and, of course, the Baby Blue 3M Ultrafina.

13. Likes Lance Mark liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12