autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Reset Dilution Ratio?

I just bought some CarPro Reset. The bottle instructions say to dilute 500:1 and gives an example of 1.35 ounces per 5 gallons. If I use it in a handheld pump foam sprayer with 1/2 gallon or less of water, that ratio works out to something like 1/10 of an ounce or less of Reset. It would be almost impossible to measure that small an amount. Am I missing something?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reset Dilution Ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by dalemccl View Post
    I just bought some CarPro Reset. The bottle instructions say to dilute 500:1 and gives an example of 1.35 ounces per 5 gallons. If I use it in a handheld pump sprayer with 1/2 gallon or less of water, that ratio works out to something like 1/10 of an ounce or less of Reset. It would be almost impossible to measure that small an amount. Am I missing something?
    That dilution ratio is for a bucket wash. I've never used it out of a pump sprayer/foamer.....but I'm guessing maybe two or three ounces for 64 oz of water in a pump sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought some CarPro Reset. The bottle instructions say to dilute 500:1 and gives an example of 1.35 ounces per 5 gallons. If I use it in a handheld pump foam sprayer with 1/2 gallon or less of water, that ratio works out to something like 1/10 of an ounce or less of Reset. It would be almost impossible to measure that small an amount. Am I missing something?
    Mix in a 5 gallon bucket and use as needed or use Echo2 as a waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    That dilution ratio is for a bucket wash. I've never used it out of a pump sprayer/foamer.....but I'm guessing maybe two or three ounces for 64 oz of water in a pump sprayer?
    At that ratio it will strip his paint. LOL

5. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Find an online dilution calculator. Enter the amount of the water. Enter the dilution ratio. Hit enter.

Then convert the ounces (oz) to milliliter (ml) using another online converter. 0.1 oz is about 3 ml.

Use those little measuring cups that come with your cold/flu/cough medicines. That is what I use.

Post Thanks / Like

You are going to have to experiment to figure out what you like. Start with the recommended dilution and adjust from there.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the good info in your replies.

I am starting to wonder if I should return the unopened Reset and get something else that doesn't have such high water to product ratios. Is Reset even appropriate for use in a handheld pump foam sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like

I am starting to wonder if I should return the unopened Reset and get something else that doesn't have such high water to product ratios. Is Reset even appropriate for use in a handheld pump foam sprayer?
    Before you return the Reset.....take look at this video from Brian at Apex Detail....using Reset in and IK pump foamer......might be helpful to you

CarPro RESET!! The Car Shampoo Series...Continues!! - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Before you return the Reset.....take look at this video from Brian at Apex Detail....using Reset in and IK pump foamer......might be helpful to you

CarPro RESET!! The Car Shampoo Series...Continues!! - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

I use Reset in an IK Foam Pro 12, I think I used 2 or 3 ounces but I regret not paying more attention. Foams really well and is my primary wash style now other than when I use a rinseless. Meaning I like Reset foamed instead of Reset in a bucket.

12. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast