autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reset Dilution Ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I use Reset in an IK Foam Pro 12, I think I used 2 or 3 ounces but I regret not paying more attention. Foams really well and is my primary wash style now other than when I use a rinseless. Meaning I like Reset foamed instead of Reset in a bucket.
    How many gallons of water in the foamer? No matter what, 2 to 3 ounces in that is going to be about 10x more concentrated than is recommended for a bucket wash. Seems high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

briarpatch, I watched Brian's video. He said he added 1 ounce to the IK Foam 9, but didn't say how much water was in it. I think it holds 1.3 gallons, but it looked like it was less than half full when he started. That wouldn't be close to the 500:1 recommended ratio. A much stronger solution.

dgage, how much water do you typically have in the IK Foam Pro 12 when you add 2 or 3 ounces of Reset? Edit - I see that BlackCarBlues just posted the same question.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Reset for foaming often, but I'm using way, way more than the recommended 500:1 dilution ratio.

I guess I need to trial it at that rate and see what it does.

Post Thanks / Like

Online Dilution Calculator: Dilution Ratio Calculator

Medicine Syringe Dropper

Fl to ml converter

Fluid Ounces to Milliliters Conversion (fl oz to ml)
    2021 Ford F-150 XL STX 5.0 Coyote
    2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

5. Likes DFB, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dalemccl View Post
    briarpatch, I watched Brian's video. He said he added 1 ounce to the IK Foam 9, but didn't say how much water was in it. I think it holds 1.3 gallons, but it looked like it was less than half full when he started. That wouldn't be close to the 500:1 recommended ratio. A much stronger solution.
    I'm sure that ratio is stronger than 500:1. I noticed he did not say how much water was in the foamer, and I watched the video a few times to try and see about how much he had in there. According to IK's website, both the Pro Foam 9 and the Pro Foam 12 have an effective capacity of 1.58 gallons......so maybe that's what he had in there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I'm sure that ratio is stronger than 500:1. I noticed he did not say how much water was in the foamer, and I watched the video a few times to try and see about how much he had in there. According to IK's website, both the Pro Foam 9 and the Pro Foam 12 have an effective capacity of 1.58 gallons......so maybe that's what he had in there?

A ratio of 0.255 fl oz (7.54125 ml) per gallon is equal to 500:1. So in a foam sprayer that holds 1.5 gallons, the ratio should have been 0.51 fl oz (15.0825 ml) so if he put in an ounce of Reset into the foam sprayer, he would be mixing it at (roughly) 250:1

That’s not accounting for if he filled it up to the full 1.58 gallon capacity and rounding the Reset product to more manageable ounces (0.5 instead of 0.51)

I’m not really sure what the *long* term effect (or even a multi-wash short term effect) would be on using (roughly) “double” the recommended amount of Reset… since it’s listed as pH Neutral (7) you would assume it would be okay for ease of use to just put 1 fl oz minimum into the containers, but we all know what happens when we assume.
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

Post Thanks / Like

IK Foam Pro 12 was full to the line so a little over 6L/1.6 gal. I’d say I added 2 oz of Reset. I’ll pay more attention. I didn’t pay attention that Reset is a 500:1 product so I’ll try next time with just 1 oz to see the difference.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Brrr, thanks for the link to the dilution calculator. I bookmarked it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dalemccl View Post
    Brrr, thanks for the link to the dilution calculator. I bookmarked it.
    You’re welcome!
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

As an update to this thread:
    I e-mailed CarPro support asking about the Reset dilution ratio for a iK hand-held pump sprayer. A rep replied back that a 1:9 ratio should be used, and therefore I should put 3.2 ounces of Reset in my foam cannon. I responded to clarify that I was not asking about a foam cannon, I was asking about a stand-alone sprayer to which no additional water would be added during spraying like happens with a foam cannon attached to a pressure washer. Following is the reply I got back from a different rep:

"I think the 3.2 ounces will be fine, but it wouldn’t hurt to start with an ounce and just work your way up. You can always add more to the mixture if need be. We don’t have a specific ratio measured for the IK sprayers for Reset. You just have to play around with it."

12. Likes dgage, CleanIT, Bruno Soares, dwaleke liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast