autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Über SiO2 Silica Spray as a drying aid?

Hey everyone, I just used the wolfgang siO2 sealant on my car. Came out amazing. This stuff is really really nice. Nice and glossy, very slick also.

When I go to wash my car, I always use a QD as a drying aid. Ive used Xtreme solutions topper before which I like a lot. But I figured why not use the wolfgang siO2 spray as a drying aid/topper?

Question is, since thats how Ill be using it, can I dilute it with distilled water? 50/50 or? Im not familiar with these things at all. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! Camera wont do it justice, but Ill include a few pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -16-jpg   -14-jpg   -11-jpg   -12-jpg   -9-jpg  

2. Likes CleanIT, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Über SiO2 Silica Spray as a drying aid?

Quote Originally Posted by SCalla0490 View Post
    Hey everyone, I just used the wolfgang siO2 sealant on my car. Came out amazing. This stuff is really really nice. Nice and glossy, very slick also.

When I go to wash my car, I always use a QD as a drying aid. Ive used Xtreme solutions topper before which I like a lot. But I figured why not use the wolfgang siO2 spray as a drying aid/topper?

Question is, since thats how Ill be using it, can I dilute it with distilled water? 50/50 or? Im not familiar with these things at all. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! Camera wont do it justice, but Ill include a few pics.
    Not sure about diluting but would think it would be ok to use a a drying aid.
    My question would be adding a bit of sio2 everytime you washed it wouldn't there be a build up or a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I would just use the spray as a drying aid if it doesn’t streak, once a month or two.

I would then use Uber Sio2 rinse-less wash at a waterless wash dilution the other times.

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash

The other option I would try is to maybe add an once or two of the silica spray to the WURW mix.

This is done all the time with CarPros Ech20 waterless wash and Their silica spray reload.

Google Merlins mix if you want more info.

I would try the second option myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I would just use the spray as a drying aid if it doesn’t streak, once a month or two.

I would then use Uber Sio2 rinse-less wash at a waterless wash dilution the other times.

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash
    I agree.

The Sio2 Silica Spray is a RTU form of durable protection, not really formulated as a QD. I don't think its gonna hurt if you use it as a drying aid for every wash but it sorta is the wrong tool for the job. An expensive one at that! Diluting in HALF without knowing how concentrated it is in original form may be diluting it too much, and you'll just be spraying mostly water on your car than anything.

The better product to be used for the purpose of a drying aid would be the Uber Sio2 Rinseless in a waterless dilution, just as Coatingsarecrack suggested. It gives the lubrication you want and imparts a little itty bit of Sio2 at the same time. Much cheaper and you can stretch that far more because its dilutable.