autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Elimintating Wax Streaks with a detailer .... - Turtle Shine Lock Sealant

Hi I haven't been on her for a while.
    Even though I have been getting a lot of back lash on here for my " unconventional " Strategies.. I'm always grateful for helpful advise from pros!

So .. I don't like products from Turtle at all but they have one produced called Turtle ICE Shine Lock Sealant that gives you a pretty nice glossy shine with just applying it ... no wiping off ...no rubbing ...no polishing... even though this product is not meant to detail shine but rather to protect , it helps with getting rid of streaks from quick waxes which is always a pain in the ... when I use any quick / liquid waxes that are always as much polishing work than a regula wax.

They seam to always leave streaks. The Turtel Ice gets rid of the streaks by just applying it but it also costs $30 for 4 ounces.

Can somebody recommend a detailer that creates a nice gloss and gets rid of streaks from wax ( which I still like to use for protection) ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Elimintating Wax Streaks with a detailer .... - Turtle Shine Lock Sealant

The trick to any QD (quick detailer) is to use it SPARINGLY.

A lot of people will shoot 3-4 spritzes per panel and just wipe it off with one or two passes. Big mistake.

That said, I like to use Griot's Speed Shine (QD), or either DuraGloss AquaWax or Optimum Car Wax. These are spray waxes, but also make excellent "QD's" IMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I searched for Turtle Wax Ice Shine Lock Sealant and found no such thing or anything in their product line that’s $30 bucks for 4oz.

And certainly never heard of a product that you can just apply and not wipe off that leaves a perfect finish, but hey sounds interesting. Lol.

I recommend BeadMaker. It’s easy to work with, meaning even if you apply it a bit heavy it wipes off easy and streak free. Just keep in mind that it’s a spray sealant and not a quick detailer. Use it like a quick detailer and the only thing that’ll be quick is your instillation of swirls. Lol

4. Likes mattmann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I searched for Turtle Wax Ice Shine Lock Sealant and found no such thing or anything in their product line that’s $30 bucks for 4oz.

And certainly never heard of a product that you can just apply and not wipe off that leaves a perfect finish, but hey sounds interesting. Lol.

I recommend BeadMaker. It’s easy to work with, meaning even if you apply it a bit heavy it wipes off easy and streak free. Just keep in mind that it’s a spray sealant and not a quick detailer. Use it like a quick detailer and the only thing that’ll be quick is your instillation of swirls. Lol
    The dream maker is really nice as well. Makes the paint pop incredibly well.

Gyeon wet coat is an amazing spray on, spray off sealant that has some great protection also if you ever want to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are getting streaks when applying spray waxes & quick detailers you're applying too much product. Sparingly spray 1-2 sprays per panel and wipe with a clean microfiber towel. Make sure the paint surface is cool to the touch too. A hot surface can cause streaks.

The Turtle Wax ICE Shine Lock Sealant Kit is rated as a 12 month sealant, but IMO there are much better sealants available. Their Hybrid Solutions line of products work great.
    Hybrid Solutions

Autogeek offers a lot of quick detailers to choose from - Quick detail sprays, spray waxes and spray sealants provide instant shine and paint protection! Pinnacle Crystal Mist, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz

8. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Give TWHS wet wax a look. To be used as a drying aid. Never streaked on me.

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 53410 (autogeek.net)
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Can be had from Pep Boys for $11 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I do notice that some products do leave streaks especially on darker colored vehicles. I am a big fan of Griots 3 in 1 and Griots Ceramic Speed Shine. They are great products and with the proper technique and towels, they should not streak. Every once in a while I do get some streaking on my dark blue metallic truck. When that happens, I use my mixture of Wolfgang Uber and distilled water detailing spray and it solves the problem.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

12. Likes PaulMys, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know .. its very hard to find .. but I actually just found it for $20 but only available for pick up :

Access Denied

tried to post the link here but .. denied.. prohibited ..

But like I said, I'm looking for a more sustainable product over time as far as the price .. my search of the perfect product continues .. will try BeadMaker then maybe Reload ..

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have to polish or buff after you apply it ? Will it leave streaks after applying it when it's not wiped off 100%?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast