autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Streaks, Streaks, Streaks

Do you have a machine polisher, Rich?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rsurfer, was a walmart, didnt see it, will check again............just wondering is the HD speed polish, the same stuff.........i do have that on hand.........just out of curiosity any idea on what those spots could be...............they do come out but you have to rub a long time.

Another thing when i apply the polish, do i use my porter cable or by hand.

Thanks for putting up with my questions

Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Paul, this must have come up while i was typing, yes i do have a porter cable 74 or whatever number it is. lol............the weird part of this whole deal is you cannot see these spots outside of the car, under my lights in the garage, those star bursts or whatever there called, you can see the spots.............now what you can see on the outside is the streaking on the hood................Which is really weird, because i have the same stuff all over the car and you can only see it on the hood.

Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richs66 View Post
    Paul, this must have come up while i was typing, yes i do have a porter cable 74 or whatever number it is. lol............the weird part of this whole deal is you cannot see these spots outside of the car, under my lights in the garage, those star bursts or whatever there called, you can see the spots.............now what you can see on the outside is the streaking on the hood................Which is really weird, because i have the same stuff all over the car and you can only see it on the hood.

Rich
    The hood, roof, and deck lid (trunk) will take the brunt of the sun, bird bombs, and even sprinkler water.

It's entirely possible to have spots like that on the hood only. Try your PC and some orange pads with a dedicated polish. (M205 like mentioned is a good choice) and see if they diminish.

Post Thanks / Like

Rich
    Probably a P/C 7424 - that's the one I have. YES. Use the polisher for the polishing step. Personally, I have been using the Hybrid Solutions Polish N Wax for my polishing step and it does have some protection in it, but I'm using both the H/S Ceramic Spray Coating and Flex Wax on the Camaro - like I said earlier, same product line - no issues. The Meguiar's is a good alternative, but in my recent years, I've found most Meg's products to be too 'oily' with a tendency to smear, not wipe 'clean.' This aided my decision to switch to the Turtle when the Hybrid Solutions came out.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Paul & Don.............gonna hit this tomorrow.............maybe without the beer. lol.............im sure ill get this right one way or the other.

I did order some of that Wolf gang deep gloss paint sealant the other day..............will throw this stuff on when im done polishing...........lol or is this not the right step.

Rich

7. Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Paul & Don.............gonna hit this tomorrow.............maybe without the beer. lol.............im sure ill get this right one way or the other.

I did order some of that Wolf gang deep gloss paint sealant the other day..............will throw this stuff on when im done polishing...........lol or is this not the right step.

Rich
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang DGPS is a great product.

10. Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to use something 3D wipe or a panel prep spray once it’s all polished off also. Just helps to make sure there are no waxes or oils left at all. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, todays progress, just wanted to say thanks again for all the help from you guys.......cant get the 205 untill tomorrow, they had to order me the small size, that 32 oz would have lasted me till the end of time..........But i did have a bottle of meg ultimate polish, so i used that on the hood & trunk with a orange pad, also used a white pad, really couldnt tell the difference on either one...........all the smudge marks came out, looks pretty good, the only thing i can see and you have to have the right angle to see it...........hard to describe looks like you have a dime on the hood and someone makes a mark halfway around the time...........cant pick this up with my camara..........cant see these in regular light, so im not gonna lose sleep over that.

So question is, should i try a more aggresive pad with the 205..............or just save 17 bucks and live with what i got. lol

I thought my wolf gang deep sealant would be in today...............can i use a white pad to put that on.

Couple pics for you guys..............couldnt have done it without you.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Streaks, Streaks, Streaks-meguirs-ult-polish-1-jpg   Streaks, Streaks, Streaks-meguirs-ult-polish-2-jpg   Streaks, Streaks, Streaks-meguirs-ult-polish-4-jpg   Streaks, Streaks, Streaks-meguirs-ult-polish-6-jpg   Streaks, Streaks, Streaks-meguirs-ult-polish-9-jpg  

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast