autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Streaks, Streaks, Streaks

Im wondering if i have too much trash on my hood of the car...........Macquires fast finish, every wax known to man, god only knows what i dont have on this hood. lol............in the garage i cant see anything wrong with the paint, but when im outside, streaks all over the place.............thinking what should i use to get all the stuff off the hood & paint and start all over.....................other issue im having it doesnt matter what i put on, i can rub my finger over the paint and get a streak.

I bet this stuff doesnt happen to Paul Myes.....lol..........whats up paul.

Ricgh

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Streaks, Streaks, Streaks

You probably have too much $hit on your paint and some don't like each other. Get a light polish and start with a clean slate.

3. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    You probably have too much $hit on your paint and some don't like each other. Get a light polish and start with a clean slate.
    I agree, too much is never usually good. A light (pure - no protection) polish will clean your hood down to the paint and let you start fresh. I recommend using products that are designed to work together I.E. products from the same line. The last few years, I have been into the Turtle Wax / Hybrid Solutions Line and so far can't find fault with the products - and they work EXCELLENTLY together.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, thanks guys...........im sure i have way too much stuff on the paint.............will try the polish route, or can i get away with the dawn dish wash soap........For Don, thinking i have some of that turtle wax.hybrid on the car also............pretty sure i have some of that cermanic spray on the car also...........you guys are right i need to start from scratch...........lol.............maybe i got to get out of this more is better ............unless its beer. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richs66 View Post
    Hey, thanks guys...........im sure i have way too much stuff on the paint.............will try the polish route, or can i get away with the dawn dish wash soap........For Don, thinking i have some of that turtle wax.hybrid on the car also............pretty sure i have some of that cermanic spray on the car also...........you guys are right i need to start from scratch...........lol.............maybe i got to get out of this more is better ............unless its beer. lol

A Dawn wash (IMO) is a myth - especially with how hardy the new generations of sealants are. A good wash with regular car wash soap, followed by a light polishing will have the desired effect.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy's World Strip Down can help clear off existing waxes/sealants before polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

This happens when you develop your Detailing addiction to a fine point… We’ve all been there… Pick a good polish and sealant, and call it a day.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Jesus, Rich.

Just pour some beer on it. What's up, Rich??

But seriously, just polish off all of the old stuff and start new like the other boys said.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys & paul, good to hear from you............ok, it was raining out so i couldnt get a good wash on the hood, but first i used dish soap on the hood, then clayed bared it with a clay bar then another clay outing with a clay zilla bar, in the pics you can see i still have these spots.............then i used some HD Polish, but i did it by hand...............seems better, im wondering with those lights i have in the garage are too bright and showing every little surface scratch.............gonna retry this tomorrow...............cant seem to find just a polish at the box stores, so what are you guys using.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Streaks, Streaks, Streaks-clay-bar-results-4-jpg   Streaks, Streaks, Streaks-clay-bar-results-2-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richs66 View Post
    Thanks guys & paul, good to hear from you............ok, it was raining out so i couldnt get a good wash on the hood, but first i used dish soap on the hood, then clayed bared it with a clay bar then another clay outing with a clay zilla bar, in the pics you can see i still have these spots.............then i used some HD Polish, but i did it by hand...............seems better, im wondering with those lights i have in the garage are too bright and showing every little surface scratch.............gonna retry this tomorrow...............cant seem to find just a polish at the box stores, so what are you guys using.
    Meguiars 205 should be available at Walmart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast