autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint correction on Toyota Corrola - Overwhelmed with Choices

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I use the Griots Fast Correcting Cream most and really like it. No issues with it running. And I have used it alongside Sonax Cutmax and Perfect Finish, Menzerna 400/2500/3800, Rupes Coarse Compound and Pure, and Meguiars M105/M205, D300/302 so I’ve definitely compared it to some great polishes and I think it works great regardless of price but with price, it is really, really good. But you can be successful with any of the suggestions provided.

My most used polishers are the Flex XCE125 CBeast and the Flex PXE80.
    Wait, am I recommended the fast correcting cream or the regular correcting cream? I didn't realize that there was the fast one until you brought it up.

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Yeah that will be fine if your going to break it up.

Paul a has good suggestions too.

Ive never tried griots abrasives, nor those megs 205/105.
    I have switched my abrasives over to everything 3D and have not looked back. I still keep menzerna on the shelf but have not needed to go back to it.

If i were in your shoes having the bit more knowledge that i gained since starting into this i would return the megs pad/abrasives kit for a different combo. Maybe some white lake country foam polishing pads and 3d abrasives. And since your running a free spinning tool i would have a microfiber pad on hand for if ya need some heavy cut.

Or just run what ya got and enjoy the learning experience!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Like Opie, my most used abrasives are by 3D.

I really enjoy the relatively dustless nature of the polish, and it's versatility in being able to cut and finish.

Like others mentioned, it can be a bear to wipe off, but that usually on my initial test spot, because I use too much polish from the get go. I can usually brush out the pad after that test spot and go straight to the next section without the need to reload the pad. If I do this, wipe off is a breeze.

Menzerna 2500, Jescar Medium Polish, Sonax Cut and Finish Meguiar's M205, and Optimum Hyper Polish could all function in that capacity. I even still use some of these on occasion. Bit if I had to choose one, it would be the 3D ONE.

To compliment 3D ONE I have ACA500 for the really hammered paints, and AAT502 for super fine polishing.

I used to be nuts about pads, and still am, but just can't keep up with all the new offerings. These days I typically use Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber for heavy correction, and the yellow Uro-Tec for polishing/finishing.

This week I did a black Mercedes Sprinter. I forgot I had left a set of maroon Uro-Tec pads there, and after trying the Lake Country Orange HDO (not enough cut), blue HDO (clogged up fast, kind of "jumpy"), and LC microfiber cutting (clogged up very fast, left a bit of marring), those maroon pads nailed it. Removed all the fine scratches, swirls, and oxidation, and left a finish ready for coating. Of course, 3D ONE was thr polish I used. This has taught me to keep those and the blue coarse Uro-Tec in stock. Sometimes a heavy cutting foam just hits the mark.

4. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bornin1992 View Post
    Wait, am I recommended the fast correcting cream or the regular correcting cream? I didn't realize that there was the fast one until you brought it up.
    I haven’t used the Correcting Cream but the Fast Correcting Cream isn’t too aggressive of a compound in my opinion and still finishes pretty well though I do 2-step polishes with it. And I usually use a Rupes Blue Wool pad with it. Takes care of issues pretty quick. Your mileage and needs may be different of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I use the Griots Fast Correcting Cream most and really like it. No issues with it running. And I have used it alongside Sonax Cutmax and Perfect Finish, Menzerna 400/2500/3800, Rupes Coarse Compound and Pure, and Meguiars M105/M205, D300/302 so I’ve definitely compared it to some great polishes and I think it works great regardless of price but with price, it is really, really good. But you can be successful with any of the suggestions provided.

My most used polishers are the Flex XCE125 CBeast and the Flex PXE80.
    Have you tried Correcting cream? Has worked ever time with an orange pad. FCC sat there and was never needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    If your sample was runny there was something seriously wrong with it. I can put some dots of product on my pad and hold them upside down with no effect like a DQ Blizzard!

None of my BOSS products are runny at all. In fact, I noticed they were easily some of the thickest products I've used, they are very much a cream in more than just name. They also don't seem to separate like others I've used either. I've had my bottles for a couple years and while I might shake them out of habit at each use, it isn't really needed they are so thick.
    Interesting...i always had a suspicion, it was a bad batch. It was REALLY runny. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123