autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best microfiber towel for removing and buffing Gyeon Cancoat?

FWIW - I just went through this. I decided I would ‘try’ to save my Ceramic Buff Towels. So I filled a bucket about 6” deep with the hottest water I could get from my tap and 2 oz of Wolfgang Wheel Cleaner. As soon as I finished the final buff of the ceramic coating, I dropped each towel immediately in the hot water / WG Wheel Cleaner bucket and let it soak for an hour. I then tossed those towels into their own machine wash with an extra rinse cycle and they turned out literally brand-new-out-of-the-package-soft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PDC View Post
    FWIW - I just went through this. I decided I would ‘try’ to save my Ceramic Buff Towels. So I filled a bucket about 6” deep with the hottest water I could get from my tap and 2 oz of Wolfgang Wheel Cleaner. As soon as I finished the final buff of the ceramic coating, I dropped each towel immediately in the hot water / WG Wheel Cleaner bucket and let it soak for an hour. I then tossed those towels into their own machine wash with an extra rinse cycle and they turned out literally brand-new-out-of-the-package-soft.
    Why would you use wheel cleaner? Most use a dedicated microfiber cleaner or an all-purpose cleaner as the presoak.

You don’t mention but you quoted ‘try’ so I presume your prerinse followed by a wash didn’t save your towels?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgangs ceramic spray sealant hardens? I assumed it was water based..? Wrongly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Why would you use wheel cleaner? Most use a dedicated microfiber cleaner or an all-purpose cleaner as the presoak.

You don’t mention but you quoted ‘try’ so I presume your prerinse followed by a wash didn’t save your towels?
    I have found Wheel Cleaner does a better job of emulsifying ceramic and SiO based products than dedicated MF cleaner - which does a fantastic job on traditional waxes, sealants, and detailers. And yes, soaking the wipe-off towels in hot water and a shot of WG Uber Wheel cleaner immediately after use made them as soft as new after a regular machine washing and low-heat tumble dry.

5. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Wolfgangs ceramic spray sealant hardens? I assumed it was water based..? Wrongly?
    It may be water based, but after coating the wife’s SUV earlier this spring, the towels I used for final buff and wipe never felt the same against the paint. (After a normal wash with MF cleaner) They didn’t ‘harden’ dramatically, but they lost that soft, slippery feel against the paint that they had before. Almost like after a single use to buff down the ceramic coating, they had the feel of year old towels.

Post Thanks / Like

It may be water based, but after coating the wife’s SUV earlier this spring, the towels I used for final buff and wipe never felt the same against the paint. (After a normal wash with MF cleaner) They didn’t ‘harden’ dramatically, but they lost that soft, slippery feel against the paint that they had before. Almost like after a single use to buff down the ceramic coating, they had the feel of year old towels.
    Yeah may not harden but could make them hydrophobic. I like using Snappy clean to soak them in. Citrus based pad cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes PDC liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12