autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Recommendation on DA Polishers

Hi All,

I am relatively new, worked on about 6 cars for Paint correction and Ceramic coating. I worked on Small sedans, large trucks, Cross overs and a SUV. I realized i need a second polisher so the helper and me can get through polishing the car fast, as its causing us to go slow and wasting time. Currently i use TORQ DA Polisher, i can switch between 5 inch to 3 inch backing plate. I am looking for a little better DA/Random polisher where i can switch plates, or can i use the regular rotary polishers (any recommendations) with the 6 cars i have under my belt. Appreciate all your help!

Best

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommendation on DA Polishers

I like the Rupes polishers, but if $400 is out of reach for you, I would go for the Griot's G9 (under $200) which has a lifetime warranty. The Flex 3401 is another good polisher, but then again your in the $400 range.

3. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleantechwa View Post
    Hi All,

I am relatively new, worked on about 6 cars for Paint correction and Ceramic coating. I worked on Small sedans, large trucks, Cross overs and a SUV. I realized i need a second polisher so the helper and me can get through polishing the car fast, as its causing us to go slow and wasting time. Currently i use TORQ DA Polisher, i can switch between 5 inch to 3 inch backing plate. I am looking for a little better DA/Random polisher where i can switch plates, or can i use the regular rotary polishers (any recommendations) with the 6 cars i have under my belt. Appreciate all your help!

Best
    I would go with a rotary (Flex PE 150) , especially if you're doing 2 stage corrections. You can get a 3 in. backing plate for it also.

Have the first guy blast it with the rotary and the second guy follows finishing with the da.

When done right it really does not take much to clean up after compounding with a rotary.

You will make some serious time doing it that way
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with 98...if doing 2 steps i would invest in the flex 14-2-150.

If you are still wanting to upgrade your da (which i would if working for money) i would invest in the flex supa beast(10-8-125). Run a 6 inch backing plate. It truely is a beast and will significantly reduce your machine time!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t see a point in 1 guy polishing at a time and having to wait in order to begin a 2nd step.

Why not both knock out the vehicle at the same time? If he bought a G9 they could accomplish that.

7. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I don’t see a point in 1 guy polishing at a time and having to wait in order to begin a 2nd step.

Why not both knock out the vehicle at the same time? If he bought a G9 they could accomplish that.
    If you're referring to my post, 2 guys would be polishing at the same time. The guy with the da would follow right behind the rotary. The rotary guy would be a panel or two ahead.
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

9. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleantechwa View Post
    Hi All,

Best
    How much experience do you or your helper have with a rotary polisher?

11. Likes luckydawg, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You dont need to be using a rotary right now
    I agree with rsurfer except I do not recommend any griots polishers-
    If you plan to be doing this quite a bit go with the Rupes or flex 3401- but you can still leave buffer trails with the 3401

13. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh? How is that? Ive never seen buffer trails from the 3401 DA. Do you think it will cause it is direct drive?
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I left buffer tails with a Flex "Finisher" on a black Mercedes hood. I was buffing off car wash brush marks using too coarse a pad (coarse blue Uro Tec) with an AIO. I went to a softer pad and more aggressive polish and all was well. My 90 yr old Godmother still loved it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast