autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommendation on DA Polishers

Ive never heard of buffer trails from any da, forced or free spinning. They are pretty much stupid proof.

Maybe your talking about da haze?

If you are new to a rotary you shoukd practice on some junk panels first but rotarys are not as scary as folks make them out to be...unless your buffing on fresh or super soft paint. Everybody thats used them has had their first day using one.

Also depends like mentioned b4 if doing alot of 1 or 2 steps. No point in a rotary if all they pretty much do are 1 step jobs.

2 steps...then yes why not use a rotary/coumpound to cut then 2nd guy comes right behind to clean it up with maybe 3d 505 or speed.
    Its Faster.

Like someone said b4 skip the griots and go the flex forced rotation route. Griits has its place but not for repeated jobs for profit. Flex will save you so much time....and TIME=MONEY.
    It literally cut my machine time in half when i got my supa beast.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Likes ollever, dlc95, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    If you're referring to my post, 2 guys would be polishing at the same time. The guy with the da would follow right behind the rotary. The rotary guy would be a panel or two ahead.
    I hear what you’re saying, it’s just that things don’t always go as planned.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of knocking it down with a rotary first and having your DA helper simply 1 panel behind. You'd get a 2 step correction done almost as fast as going around the vehicle once.

6. Likes opie liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly haven’t used rotary polisher yet. So no experience at all? :-(

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Ive never heard of buffer trails from any da, forced or free spinning. They are pretty much stupid proof.

Maybe your talking about da haze?

If you are new to a rotary you shoukd practice on some junk panels first but rotarys are not as scary as folks make them out to be...unless your buffing on fresh or super soft paint. Everybody thats used them has had their first day using one.

Also depends like mentioned b4 if doing alot of 1 or 2 steps. No point in a rotary if all they pretty much do are 1 step jobs.

2 steps...then yes why not use a rotary/coumpound to cut then 2nd guy comes right behind to clean it up with maybe 3d 505 or speed.
    Its Faster.

Like someone said b4 skip the griots and go the flex forced rotation route. Griits has its place but not for repeated jobs for profit. Flex will save you so much time....and TIME=MONEY.
    It literally cut my machine time in half when i got my supa beast.

Seems like rotary is the way to go… can I use multiple backplates for flex?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    I would go with a rotary (Flex PE 150) , especially if you're doing 2 stage corrections. You can get a 3 in. backing plate for it also.

Have the first guy blast it with the rotary and the second guy follows finishing with the da.

When done right it really does not take much to clean up after compounding with a rotary.

You will make some serious time doing it that way
    Flex would be ok for a guy who never used rotary polishers?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your responses!! Weird I subscribed for immediate notifications and the forum didn’t send me any notifications. I was wondering why no one responded !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleantechwa View Post
    Seems like rotary is the way to go… can I use multiple backplates for flex?
    Yes you can buy multiple different sizes of backing plates for a rotary. I use a 3 inch and a 6 inch. Flex makes damn good machines. If your looking to purchase a rotary i would go the flex route. Amoung many other reasons the big noticable difference is the wieght...they are pounds lighter than other brands.

Like i said b4, just get some junk panels to practice on so you can get a feel for it. Also when buffing...a lil tip...check the panel for how hot your making it. Heat is one main reason of how you burn through the clear. Edges of panels is another area to not spend to much time.

Just look up mike phillips as he has countless videos and threads on how to use a rotary machine. It will no doubt help you out when learning the rotary. I know it helped me, as i had nobody else teach me the ways of it

12. Likes dgage, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The versatility of BP sizes is why I use my rotary so much... 2" to 6". Simply unscrew and screw on the next size needed.

That plus the precision in tight spots i.e. no oscillating shadow of the pad and bp.

14. Likes opie liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I own the G9 from Griots as well as the Bigfoot LHR21. Honestly both machines are fantastic. For the price the Griots is fantastic. Certainly less “refined” than the Rupes but for the price difference I can live with it. With the G9 you can swap between a 5” and 6” backing plate. You may even be able to find a deal where you get the G9 and G8 for less than a Rupes. Also just saw an Adams swirl killer combo with a 12mm and 15mm for $299. Good deal as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast