autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best "One Step" product

I'm looking at one step products like the Blackfire One Step etc. to provide some correction and protection for my truck. It's a daily driver but in very good shape for its age and would like to protect what's left. I will follow up with a sealant etc. for longevity. Just looking for a little direction to make the best choice. I'll be using a DA for the process and the truck is white if that's something I should consider before making a choice. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best "One Step" product

Blackfire One Step is a great choice !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

3. Likes John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as 'one step' products go, I've tried a bunch...3D Speed, Meguiars D166, MCKees 360, Blackfire, Rupes Uno Protect and Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish and Wax. None are going to set the world on fire for either correction or protection ability. Are they good at both?....yes they are, but combo products are typically good at multiple things, but not great at any one thing.

You're kind of defeating the purpose of a 'one step' by adding a sealant after. If you're effectively going over the entire vehicle twice, why not use a dedicated polish first, and then add your sealant?

5. Likes opie, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    You're kind of defeating the purpose of a 'one step' by adding a sealant after. If you're effectively going over the entire vehicle twice, why not use a dedicated polish first, and then add your sealant?
    Completely agree. You'll get better correction for a polish and better protection from a dedicated sealant.

If you're worried about removing too much paint when polishing, just stick with a light polish and mild or medium cut pad.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

7. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My new favorite is 3D One however lacks a protection component. I like finishing with my choice of LSP anyway but One is a very effective, pad dependent correction. It's a good time saver for me.

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire One Step is one of several I use, and the one I reach for the most.

But like Desertnate said, maybe just use a dedicated polish, and follow up with a dedicated sealant. Sonax PNS is easy to use, decent value, and lasts a decent amount of time. Not a slick feeling product, but a good beading product.

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 101 501 or 105 depending on how much cleaning you need. Follow in a week with TW Seal and Shine or groits 3 and 1 spray .

12. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a huge Fan Boy of Blackfire One Step. It's my Go-To.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

14. Likes Avgguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    As far as 'one step' products go, I've tried a bunch...3D Speed, Meguiars D166, MCKees 360, Blackfire, Rupes Uno Protect and Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish and Wax. None are going to set the world on fire for either correction or protection ability. Are they good at both?....yes they are, but combo products are typically good at multiple things, but not great at any one thing.

Going by your experience working with the products, the Uno Protect in particular, what about after the Rupes going over it with a quick wipe of Rupes P808?? On a not too bad of shape paint is it a good combo? Being that the 808 will go on quick, layering it with more protection that should work together????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Going by your experience working with the products, the Uno Protect in particular, what about after the Rupes going over it with a quick wipe of Rupes P808?? On a not too bad of shape paint is it a good combo? Being that the 808 will go on quick, layering it with more protection that should work together????
    I'm not familiar with P808....have only used Uno Protect as a standalone product. According to Rupes, P808 can be used on top of other waxes and sealants, so I can not see a reason why it would not work.

17. Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast