autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic detailer

Sorry for the similar post but not sure if I add this question to the original post it will get seen.
    I have reviewed some of the suggested ceramic detailer Many say they have multiple months of longevity. If this is the true. WOULDNT those products NOT be a good weekly detailing choice. As they would just keep building

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic detailer

Depending on the product, you would only use them once every month or two like a booster. Not on a week basis after every wash. Build up might not be a big deal, but it is a waste of product and money.

The word "detailer" in this context is starting to get misused, IMO.

I consider a "detailer" product a "quick detailer". Those are products which have some cleaning properties as well as a tiny bit of "something" that will add a bit of gloss to the surface. The type of product you'd use to wipe off random smudges, bird droppings, or even do a wipe down of a dusty garage queen. ECH2O mixed at 1:20 would fall into this catagory.

Many of the "detailers" claiming months of durability are really nothing more than a booster, topper, or even a spray sealant IMO. They have a place in the market for those who want to use them, but I think they need to be marketed better. I learned this lesson with CarPro's Elixr. I was expecting a product with light cleaning ability and limited (i.e. a week or two) durability. What I found was it had little/no cleaning ability and durability of about 6 weeks-ish. For this reason (and others) I've stuck to ECH2O because it is far more versatile for my uses.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

3. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From your original post you asked for short term and applied weekly, whenever you apply anything weekly how are you not sure what short term is? On the occasion I use a qd over my CQUK it’s either Ech20 or Wolfgang Sio2, both are easy to apply, easy to remove and add some gloss which is what I’m looking for. IMHO the whole purpose of a coating is easier cleaning and if you’re chasing buzz words like layering,stacking, what goes over what, you’re going to just drive yourself crazy. For the most part if you applied the coating correctly just keeping it clean is all you need

5. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Ceramic was applied correctly with a 2 stage paint correction prior. I’m just looking for a product that’s adds a little extra gloss for show day. Something that could be used weekly. If needed. Without leaving streaks or leaving residue that could attract dust. If this is not a option so be it.

Post Thanks / Like

The ech20 is a must in the stable. Bought a gallon. Mainly use for rinseless or pretreat now

Out of all the ceramic detailers i like Meguiars alot. Doesn’t come in gallons though. If i wanted economical and good i would probably choose

1.TechChoice 582

2. Griots CSD

3. Adam’s graphene detailer

The one I like right now is NV Nova boost. My next QD purchase will be PA Presto Detailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Bosko, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The ech20 is a must in the stable. Bought a gallon. Mainly use for rinseless or pretreat now

Out of all the ceramic detailers i like Meguiars alot. Doesn’t come in gallons though. If i wanted economical and good i would probably choose

1.TechChoice 582

2. Griots CSD

3. Adam’s graphene detailer

The one I like right now is NV Nova boost. My next QD purchase will be PA Presto Detailer.

Meguiar's sells M799 in gallons, and if you dilute it 3:1 it is supposed to be the same as their Detailer. So even stretching out your $$ more.

10. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean the Mequiars ceramic instant detailer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Depending on the product, you would only use them once every month or two like a booster. Not on a week basis after every wash. Build up might not be a big deal, but it is a waste of product and money.

The word "detailer" in this context is starting to get misused, IMO.

I consider a "detailer" product a "quick detailer". Those are products which have some cleaning properties as well as a tiny bit of "something" that will add a bit of gloss to the surface. The type of product you'd use to wipe off random smudges, bird droppings, or even do a wipe down of a dusty garage queen. ECH2O mixed at 1:20 would fall into this catagory.

Many of the "detailers" claiming months of durability are really nothing more than a booster, topper, or even a spray sealant IMO. They have a place in the market for those who want to use them, but I think they need to be marketed better. I learned this lesson with CarPro's Elixr. I was expecting a product with light cleaning ability and limited (i.e. a week or two) durability. What I found was it had little/no cleaning ability and durability of about 6 weeks-ish. For this reason (and others) I've stuck to ECH2O because it is far more versatile for my uses.
    100%

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Meguiar's sells M799 in gallons, and if you dilute it 3:1 it is supposed to be the same as their Detailer. So even stretching out your $$ more.
    The thing is I’ve heard same that their interior QD retail and Pro are same but also read their different. Didn’t smell same to me.

I haven’t read any reviews of M799 mixed at detail. Also $70-80 dollars after sales where other ones $40-50

I think it’s really marketing that bothers me. Just sell the megs CQD in gallons Ceramic detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luket View Post
    Do you mean the Mequiars ceramic instant detailer?
    Yes. According to meguiars forum their M799 ceramic booster is same product diluted down. 3 part M799 to one part distilled water.

I woulf just prefer it to be pre mixed. If you use alot of QD, way better value in gallons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast