autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Mother's Day Wash & Ceramic Wax

Mother's Day Wash & Ceramic Wax

Yesterday I used the local Coin-Op Car Wash to blast our Honda HRV clean since we can't wash cars here at Autogeek any longer.

I keep this Honda protected with Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating and Surface Coating so she blast clean easy, heck I didn't even use a wash mitt, just the pressure sprayer.

Then we air-blasted it dry as we drove to Autogeek. Puller her into the garage and using the Griot's 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax I did a quicky wipe-down on all the,

• Paint
    • Glass
    • Plastic trim

Results? Phenomenal.

Quick, fast and easy and works great. Griot's benchmarked against all the top product in this category and formulated it to be compatible as a topper or booster for any brand of ceramic coating. This is the second time I've used this product on this car and I give it 2 thumbs up.

Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's Day Wash & Ceramic Wax

Mike, how come you can't wash cars at AG anymore?

I was told by the city that I couldn't wash cars in my driveway at my old place because water ran out into the street. The reason for this is because the water doesn't get recycled through the water treatment facility. Instead the water run off from the storm drains goes into the local lake or fresh water somewhere I believe.

Fortunately here at my new place the driveway is angled in such a way that the water drains into my back yard. Here's my mother's day wash. I started off by cleaning the wheels and tires in the driveway. After that I headed up to the car wash and sprayed the bugs with bug blaster. As I allowed the bug blaster to dwell I then hit the wheels with a quick power wash to get anything I may have missed. Then I blasted off all of the excess dirt and grime that was caked on the paint.

Afterwards I headed back to my place where my prepped wash and rinse buckets awaited me.

I carefully and systematically washed our Jeep. Then I dried it, and clayed it utilizing the Mother's clay bar and Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer as a lubricant.

After that I sprayed it down with water in preparation for the 303 Touchless Paint Sealant. I applied the sealant and dried the Jeep again after shooting some water beading video.

I backed the Jeep into the garage and went through my touch up drying procedure, and cleaned up the trim with a terry towel and Meguiar's APC.

In keeping with the theme of 303 I dressed the trim and mirrors with 303 Aerospace Protectant.

The tires were shined with 2 coats of McKee's 37 SiO2 enhanced tire shine. Glass was cleaned with Invisible Glass and the 3 towel method I learned from Larry from Ammo NYC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, did my Mom’s ride yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whalerfreak View Post
    Nice, did my Mom’s ride yesterday

Thanks brother! Awesome dude!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Red&BlackJacob View Post

Mike, how come you can't wash cars at AG anymore?

The rules in the lease agreement started to get enforced at the end of 2019. They were never enforced before that. Washing cars or boats outside, or even taking pictures of cars outside was never an issue.

I was told the new residents in the new building now in front of the Autogeek building complained about us washing cars out front?

I've seen some of these resident washing their cars out front. We didn't complain. I never heard or saw of anyone else complaining about them washing their cars?

So I guess it's just now days, the pre-existing rules are being enforced.

8. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    The rules in the lease agreement started to get enforced at the end of 2019. They were never enforced before that. Washing cars or boats outside, or even taking pictures of cars outside was never an issue.

I was told the new residents in the new building now in front of the Autogeek building complained about us washing cars out front?

I've seen some of these resident washing their cars out front. We didn't complain. I never heard or saw of anyone else complaining about them washing their cars?

I thought you had an indoor wash booth or was my mind making things up?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Whalerfreak View Post

I thought you had an indoor wash booth or was my mind making things up?

Nope. Nice tile floor, air-conditioned garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

I had a very similar circumstance. The ladies next door wrote a letter to the mayor complaining of me washing in the driveway. Next thing you know I got a warning Mother's Day Wash & Ceramic Wax️ from the city, so I had to shut it down or figure out how to wash in the garage. At the time I was just getting started out so it was pretty sketchy there for a while. I looked into all types of options. Water reclamation mats, a drain installed in the garage floor, even a big shower curtain type deal where I'd have essentially a car shower stall. None of these options would fit my budget. Then I came across your video about waterless washing. So I bought the McKee's 37 Waterless Wash from AG. I'd take the vehicles to the car wash and clean the wheels and tires as best as I could and pressure wash the dirt off, then come back and do a waterless wash inside my shop. Once I got a steam machine I was able to touch up the wheels a do a pretty nice job. I just wish I wouldn't have taken on some of those trash pits. Well, lesson learned. I guess you could say I had to go UNDERGROUND. I keep the jug of waterless wash as a reminder of my underground days Ha ha ha haMother's Day Wash & Ceramic WaxMother's Day Wash & Ceramic Wax

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t have any problems with things like that. Where I live you could probably burn tires all day and get away with it( not saying it’s a good thing) just saying that it’s really lenient here. The road I live on is practically gravel you guys get more business, nicer cars etc but I guess being in town came with more problems than I realized still would like to open a shop in town thoughMother's Day Wash & Ceramic Wax

Mike Phillips

And back on topic,

Just look at that shine!

And I wiped the entire car down, including the roof in less than 15 to 20 minutes....

Nice product Griot's.

14. Likes axel06 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast