autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cyclo or Rupes for my first polisher?

I have a Cyclo and love it. Having said that I also have a PC, and the Griot's Garage machine. I would recommend you get the Griot's machine with the optional longer cord. There are areas the Cyclo just won't fit in where the Griot's will. Also you have the option of different size backing plates & pads for really difficult areas to access. Back that up with a lifetime warranty and you are good to go.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

This is the video I made with the Cyclo. It's a great first machine and completely dummy proof. It will put on a great shine but is lacking for any type of correction work.
    https://youtu.be/ZioQ4aI3wPk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic video! I actually watched it last night as I was trying to do more research. Thanks!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great detailed response, much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I know the price for the Cyclo is high but this machine is built to last. The design has been around since the 50's. I've had it apart before and you can just tell it's something that is easy to work on if needed. I always start my newest employees on it with complete confidence that they can't screw anything up. I love that with the twist of the wrist I can go from polishing a 4" path to an 8". The brush attachments have also been handy. I've never used the Rupes so I don't have an opinion on it, but it sounds like you can't go wrong with either.

www.JaxDetails.com
    www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
    I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered a traditional d/a style machine, like the PC, or GG6?

What I like about those is that I can use anything from 3" - 6" pads with them, as well as brush attachments. Their versatility is one of the features that keeps them in my favor.

I like the simplicity of the PC, but that GG6 has some really nice looking features, and has a reputation for having great power alongside an unmatched warranty. Fortunately, I'm pretty good at small machine repairs, and can usually takes care of most problems that might arise with the PC.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Have you considered a traditional d/a style machine, like the PC, or GG6?

What I like about those is that I can use anything from 3" - 6" pads with them, as well as brush attachments. Their versatility is one of the features that keeps them in my favor.

I like the simplicity of the PC, but that GG6 has some really nice looking features, and has a reputation for having great power alongside an unmatched warranty. Fortunately, I'm pretty good at small machine repairs, and can usually takes care of most problems that might arise with the PC.
    Yes, based on all the great feedback I'm leaning toward the GG6 now. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used the cyclo but I love my Rupes 15 I picked up a few months ago and have used a lot already. I started out with a HF which I switched over to my small pad tool until recently getting the flex kompakt which is an awesome tool for small jobs using 1 2 or 3 inch backing plates.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the GG6 and its a great machine. Maybe not what I would use for production work, but it only gets used twice a year and is great.

For the same price or less then the rupes you could get the GG6 and the Flex PE8 for tight areas.

Post Thanks / Like

It will put on a great shine but is lacking for any type of correction work.
    HMMM.....I used mine for all paint correction for almost ten years so I beg to differ. Now, did it take damn near forever to do so? Yes it did and I went through a lot of orange pads. I was a one man band so I can see that it just wouldn't work for a shop where time is critical.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast