autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country Purple 6.5 wool pads

I bought the 6 pack of 6.5 wool foam pads and have never used them but from hearing forum members liking them I thought I would try them. Give me feedback on how and when to use them. I have a Flex 3401 and PC 7424XP and Dewalt 849. I mostly use M105/M205. Anything special way to clean them when you are done using etc. I use LC CCS pads for everything else. Just want the good the bad and the ugly. Thanks.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Purple 6.5 wool pads

Great cut

Clean on the fly often with a pad brush, or they will get clumps of removed CC and polish; which will cause a less than ideal finish

I like them with M100. Great price. Longer working time than M105. Cuts almost as well.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AGOatemywallet View Post
    Great cut

Clean on the fly often with a pad brush, or they will get clumps of removed CC and polish; which will cause a less than ideal finish

I like them with M100. Great price. Longer working time than M105. Cuts almost as well.

I'm curious on how to prime these pads. I have some hybrid wool pads that are similar.

Post Thanks / Like

I start with a quick circle of polish and add 4 dime sized dollops for each new section.

Dry buffing with this type of pad on a DA can cause major haze, if you don't keep the pad slightly moist.

I actually prefer the Hybrid Wool to the PFW

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AGOatemywallet View Post
    Great cut

I recently got some hybrid wool pads. So a few questions :
    For Cleaning with pad brush , is that better done with still pad and using the brush to push things away from pad ? Or to run it low speed and move brush across pad? I believe cleaning is where they lint ?

And how many pads on average per sedan do you use and how to wash them effectively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have also recently got the hybrid wool pads and have the same questions

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have a FLEX 3401 and I run the pads at speed, using the trigger for maybe 5 seconds...when it stops rotating, I brush it a few strokes in the reverse direction.

In my opinion, if you are doing heavy cutting, you should use 3-4 pads on a mid-sized vehicle.

When I am done with any pad, I toss it into a bucket of water & APC or Snappy Clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Forget about using the wool pads on the PC. It does not have to power to effectively use these pads. The 3401 has the ability to use these pads as well as the 849.

Wool is best suited to removing sanding marks and chopping nasty defects out of hammered paint. You can prime them first with a shot of pad conditioner and then add your product. Brush the face after each section pass with a pad conditioning brush with the machine running.

As with any other pad, when you are finished with it toss it in a bucket of APC or a pad granulated pad cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Forget about using the wool pads on the PC. It does not have to power to effectively use these pads.
    I think the THiN version of these wool pads, in the 5 1/2" configuration are an exception to the rule and will work well on a PC.

The thicker, 6 1/2" PFW are probably not a good bet on a PC.

I also have the LC Hybrid Wool, which is structured more like a traditional wool pad; with longer strands. I do not think this pad would work well with a PC either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast