autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Swirl Removal And Paint Sealant Advice - Honda CR-V 2015 - Obsidian Blue Pearl

Hi Everyone,

I decided to jump into car detailing as a hobby. I am planning to work only on my car that I bought some months ago.

I am looking into remove fine swirls and protect the paint. I have learned some basics about the correct process of washing the car, preparing the surface, making corrections and applying sealant (the correct technique is yet to be acquired by doing some hands on staff).
    I also learned the importance of knowing about the paint and using the right combination of quality tools and materials in order to obtain the expected result.
    As I am a newbie, I certainly want to make sure that I carry out every single step in the safest way in order to avoid introducing more swirls or damage the paint.

I live in Mexico. Unfortunately the available car detailing brands are a bit limited here..I am still in a process of hunting down providers (any input in regards would be highly appreciated).

First of all, I would like to ask for advice on the material I should use to get the job done safely:

Clay

I could get my hands on the following products:
    Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay, Mothers California Gold, Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Simoniz S57 Perfect Finish Detailing Clay Bar, CG light Clay

Clay Lub

The CG clay lub could be an option or the Meguiar's / Mothers QD

Polisher

I decided to buy the Porter-Cable 7424 XP as it seems to be the right tool for a beginner.
    What backing plate would you recommend to buy (brand / size)?
    What kind of pads I should use (brand / size / type ) ?

Polish / Finish

I really wanted to try Pinnacle or Wolfgang but these products are not available for me at the moment.
    I did find a business that carries Menzerna FF3000, SF3500, SFP3800 and Power Lock Ultimate.
    Other products available:
    Meguiar's Scratch X / Swirl Remover / Nxt Generation Tech Liquid Wax 2.0 / Ultimate Liquid Wax
    Mothers Pure Polish / Micro-Polishing Glaze / Synthetic Wax

I wonder if I could do the job with the Menzerna products - probably 3800 with Power Lock - using the adequate pads.

Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by BlueHawk; 01-27-2016 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake