autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

3M Spray on Paint Protector?

I currently have a 3M clearbra on my vehicle.

I loathe it. The edges are coming up, and there are stretch/bend marks, holograms and other visual annoyances all over the areas covered. The installer says "that's unavoidable" for the stretch/bend marks, holograms, and some of the edge lifting.

I was considering removing it and trying out the 3M spray on paint protection, which from what I have read will last around a year and can be removed/reapplied pretty easily.

How well does this work for paint (stone/bug/etc) protection? How does it look? Will it come off in a spray and wash (hand held) or with hand applied waxes? Will it collect dirt around the edges? Can that dirt be cleaned without damaging the coating? Any other thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3M Spray on Paint Protector?

Quote Originally Posted by MilesTeg View Post

I loathe it. The edges are coming up, and there are stretch/bend marks, holograms and other visual annoyances all over the areas covered. The installer says "that's unavoidable" for the stretch/bend marks, holograms, and some of the edge lifting.

I was considering removing it and trying out the 3M spray on paint protection, which from what I have read will last around a year and can be removed/reapplied pretty easily.

How well does this work for paint (stone/bug/etc) protection? How does it look? Will it come off in a spray and wash (hand held) or with hand applied waxes? Will it collect dirt around the edges? Can that dirt be cleaned without damaging the coating? Any other thoughts?
    IMO those are inexcusable to have stretch marks, lifting edges and holograms(? In PPF). I would be seeking another installer if it were me.

Additionally I would be looking for a Xpel ultimate installer. Xpel is the best film on the market at this point in time. I have a full frontal on my car and I love it to death. Do yourself a favor and look into it.

The 3m spray is only temporary and will not give your u the look that you would be happy with.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3M Spray on Paint Protector?

Quote Originally Posted by MilesTeg View Post

I'd like to know as well as I just picked up a couple cans of this stuff. I'm assuming it is like clear plasti-dip?