autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

Quote Originally Posted by JuanCappuccino View Post
    Dear Mike,

Can you tell me what to use instead of the M80 speed glaze as it does not appear to be available any longer and is no longer on the McGuiar's website.

All the best,

John G.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanCappuccino View Post
    Dear Mike,

Can you tell me what to use instead of the M80 speed glaze as it does not appear to be available any longer and is no longer on the McGuiar's website.

All the best,

John G.

I did!

I posted the below right above your last two posts...

READ THE WORDS AND CLICK THE BLUE LINK

Hi John,

I created for you, your very own thread. When you tag a question onto a thread that already has over 200 replies and almost 4 hundred thousand views it can get kind of lost.

Here's the link to your thread and I've posted a lot of info to help you restore the original paint on your 1969 Oldsmobile 98

How to restore original paint on a 1969 Oldsmobile 98 <--CLICK THIS BLUE LINK

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

Quote Originally Posted by BigBillM

...my next project, a 1968 Dodge Charger that has been sitting in the garage for just over 30 years.

It has been my father in law's car since he was in high school, and it needs a few things to be road-worthy again, but for years he has believed that it needs new paint and body work.

He is going on vacation next week, and I intend on surprising him when he gets home with a car that looks better than the day he bought it.

I will post plenty of before/during/ and after photos once I start Tuesday after work. Since he doesn't know about this, I was only able to get a few pictures ahead of time, and they don't show too much.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, once I get it outside I will take plenty more. I didn't even want to wipe away any of the dust yet. Hopefully when he sees what a nice car he actually has, he'll let me help him get it back on the road again.

Any updates on this one?

Certainly I'm not the only one that would enjoy seeing some 'after' shots of this car.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SKT View Post

Any updates on this one?

Certainly I'm not the only one that would enjoy seeing some 'after' shots of this car.

His last post about this project is here,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ml#post1392128

Post Thanks / Like

Getting ready to do 1967 chrysler new yorker. What is the replacement for the M80.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by A1Detail View Post

Getting ready to do 1967 chrysler new yorker.

What is the replacement for the M80.

There is no replacement for M80

Use Meguiar's #7 with a cotton terrycloth wash cloth.

Like I show here,

The #7 Rub Down Technique by Mike Phillips

Remember to take GREAT before pictures of your 1967 Chrysler New Yorker. Once you polish out the paint you can never go back in time to get the before pictures.

It's the before pictures that make the "after" pictures so powerful.....

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing all of this information.

I used two application of Meguiar's #7 on my 87 911 followed up by polish and wax and the difference is amazing.

Pics in my gallery, but here is an example of before and after:

Mike Phillips

Loks amazing!

Thank you for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

hi mike. I have job restoring the paint on a Tucker Snow Cat. My question has to do with temperature. Snow is coming soon, will the products be less effective or not work at all in temps below 50 degrees?

Thanks Dan (hot sauce guy) Smith CD , D&M Detailing, Vail Colorado, 970 376 2964 danmarnier@yahoo.com

Mike Phillips

***Update***

So far today, I have received 3 Private Messages on

How to restore single stage paint. I love it.

Most important...

The power in the after shots is created in the before shots

Why?

Because you cannot go back in time and get the before shots. Then it's just your WORD when you tell people how bad the paint was.

So take a few moments to stop whatever it is you're doing, read the above article for tips and then take some pictures.

Trust me on this.... been there... done that....

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Start on our 62 falcon today, looking good!

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast