autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Comparison Question about Menz Power Finish vs WG Total Swirl

Mike,

I just purchased a sample of WG Total Swirl Remover, and I am curious if you could give me a bit of a breakdown on the biggest differences between that and Menzerna Power Finish.

I am leaning towards the WG because of the "diminishing" effect, but I'm curious about the final outcome because I am using a Flex 3401 rather than a rotary - i.e. I am wondering about "working time" of the abrasives - more specifically, will WG "diminish" before I have had enough time to work the polish to the point of removing the scratching, marring, etc.???

The specific problem I have is actually on my personal vehicle, which is a lot of light scratches (cannot catch them with my fingernail) from the previous owners carelessness

Used "Nano", but did not get the results I wanted

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Comparison Question about Menz Power Finish vs WG Total Swirl

Both products use diminishing abrasives, but Power Finish has a longer working time.

Power Finish is meant to be a one step product and will NOT have the same amount of cut as TSR. Power Finish has more cut than nano, but around the same or slightly less than Intensive Polish, so it's very mild in terms of cut.

Total Swirl Remover is a bit more aggressive, and is meant to be followed up with a finishing polish (Finishing Glaze 3.0). It sounds like you have RIDS (random isolated deep scratches), so I would definitely reach for TSR in that case.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man! I was under the impression that RIDS were deep enough to feel with my fingernail, so thats why I didn't explain it as that. I didn't want to pick a polish with too much cut, and end up "over-polishing" so to speak.

I will try the TSR and let you know. Tell the shipping guys to hurry!!! I can't stand looking at the scratches

Post Thanks / Like

If I go tell them to hurry on a Monday, I'll get bombed with whatever they have handy to throw at me

Don't worry about TSR having too much cut. It's still a fairly mild polish in the grand scheme of things when you compare it to some compounds out there. What kind of car are you working on, anyways?

Post Thanks / Like

Its a 2004 Toyota Sequoia (White). I removed all the swirls and minor stuff, but I was left with the RIDS.

By the way, I do have some Pigtails on the hood, and I'm wondering if the Flex is gonna work on that, with something like Power Gloss Compound??? I am assuming I'm gonna have to hit with a rotary, but what are your thoughts???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MobolWerks View Post
    Its a 2004 Toyota Sequoia (White). I removed all the swirls and minor stuff, but I was left with the RIDS.

By the way, I do have some Pigtails on the hood, and I'm wondering if the Flex is gonna work on that, with something like Power Gloss Compound??? I am assuming I'm gonna have to hit with a rotary, but what are your thoughts???
    Rotary may be the answer... but id they are very deep, a light feather sanding should do the trick
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr- 28% Solar Guard Charcoal tint, Pioneer DVD player/In-dash, Boston Acoustics component 5x7's

Future Ride- Either the 2008-09 Mustang Shelby GT or base Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

You can only see them when you look across the hood from the passenger side. Also, I cannot catch them with my fingernail. From straight ahead and the drivers side it looks great! Although I know they are there

Post Thanks / Like

The two Wolfgang polishes rock ... TSR and FG 3.0 try the smaller size as needed too.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I always found PowerFinish to have very similar cut to SIP, took care of anything SIP could on my car VW clear, maybe some of the deeper RIDS it didnt but PF, IMO, have only a very slight differance in cut compared to SIP.

Menzerna says that PF has a cut of 3.5, while SIP has 3.8 and Intensive has a 3.3.

But the gloss PF gives is great and going to assume so does the WG counterpart, as from reading they are very similar in formulation, would be happy with either one. Green heavy cut pad and PF is a great one step polishing combo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agpatel View Post

Green heavy cut pad and PF is a great one step polishing combo!
    Who makes the Green Heavy Cut??? I have seen the green CCS, but no other...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast