autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Wash Soaps

Post Thanks / Like

Car Wash Soaps

There may be a thread on this already but I couldnt find one so here goes... Is there really any difference in car wash soaps? I have been ordering Zaino's products for a while and the soap really adds up when you consider shipping. Does it really matter?? Sal Zaino claims that other soaps don't go well his products. etc, etc. Thoughts???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Wash Soaps

Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate #901

It is the closest thing to Zaino as you can get....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate #901

It is the closest thing to Zaino as you can get....

Without the price tag.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

What about the Meguirs Gold Class? Not so expensive and can be found locally.......... Also, does anyone know of a Professional Detailer/Shop in Birmingham? I dont mean just a car wash place but a show quality detail shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    There may be a thread on this already but I couldnt find one so here goes... Is there really any difference in car wash soaps? I have been ordering Zaino's products for a while and the soap really adds up when you consider shipping. Does it really matter?? Sal Zaino claims that other soaps don't go well his products. etc, etc. Thoughts???
    Generally speaking you can use just about any car wash soap. Optimum makes a great car wash soap, Duragloss is really popular, Poorboy's also has a great soap, and Pinnacle makes a good one too.

Just FYI . . . Sal also for years advised people not to use microfiber towels when everyone else on the planet was saying how great they were. Like magic, once Zaino started selling microfiber towels it became OK to use microfiber according to Sal.

Personally, I take everything Sal says with a large (almost boulder size) grain of salt.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know what you mean with Sal. I do love his products though. Have you tried his microf cloth? Wow, its soft. Thanks for the response!

Post Thanks / Like

I've not tried his microfiber. I personally don't like the look of a sealant. I'm a carnauba guy. So, his products don't really appeal to me. The Zaino leather products sound interesting, but I don't like that Sal seems to twist the truth of basic detailing to sell more product.
    Last edited by MikeyC; 01-03-2010 at 10:35 PM.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I like both for different reasons. Love P21S but it's just not as durable as a sealant. Thanks for the info on the car soap. Do you use one of the ones you mentioned in particular? Would the meguirs not be in the same class as the Durogloss and the others?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Also, does anyone know of a Professional Detailer/Shop in Birmingham? I dont mean just a car wash place but a show quality detail shop.
    I'm in Tuscaloosa; certainly nothing professional over here that I know of. I would think that B'ham would have somebody, but I'm not aware of anyone - that's why I'm here. There are several Bama people on the forum, though. I keep waiting for Mike Phillips to say he's going on the road so we can all attend a class. If you find a pro, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Meg's Gold Class is a good shampoo and available everywhere for a good price. The Duragloss is awesome too and a good price. Check the BOGO section-the DP Shampoo is pretty good. I just got 2 gallons and still have a half a Qt from my previous order.

My neighbor just got the Optimum Shampoo and it smells awesome but hasn't used it yet. BLUEBERRIES!!! say no more, I'd wash every car on the block just to smell the Optimum stuff all day. Oh, and I'm guessing it actually works good since it made by OPT : )

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast