autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Dealer installed swirls,holograms and spots of unknown origin

Hi Mike,

I just picked up my 09 Escalade from the dealer for the third time to repaint a body panel that they scratched. The first time they returnwed the car with the panel all swirled and hazed up. The second time they returned the car with the panel no longer swirled or hazed because they wet sanded it to the point that they removed all of the orange peel off of the panel. It looked really good except that it didn't match the rest of the car. So back it went to have that panel re painted so as to match the factory texture of the rest of the car. I picked up the car today for the third time but unfortunately it was cloudy out but when the sun came out later in the day I was able to see holograms in the paint along with swirls. What is really concerning me is what looks like water spots or etch spots in the finish. They do not come out with a QD. The good news is that the orange peel is back and that panel now matches the rest of the car.
    Mike what is the proper method for removing holograms and these water/etch like looking spots in the paint?
    I have the Flex 3401, Wolfgang total swirl/ finishing glaze combo, orange white,gray,blue,red LC pads as well as a puple woolen pad that came with the kit that I purchased. Would i remove these imperfections the same way that I would for the swirls?

Thanks for any help that you or anyone else can provide
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealer installed swirls,holograms and spots of unknown origin

First off, give it a good wash then start with the TSR and a white pad. See if that works, if you need to bump it up to the orange pad that's fine. Just follow the TSR on/a orange pad up with the FG on a white pad. You can then use your 85RD with a grey pad.

If the TSR w/a white pad works, then folow that up with the FG on a grey pad. 85RD would be optional then.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealer installed swirls,holograms and spots of unknown origin

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    First off, give it a good wash then start with the TSR and a white pad. See if that works, if you need to bump it up to the orange pad that's fine. Just follow the TSR on/a orange pad up with the FG on a white pad. You can then use your 85RD with a grey pad.

If the TSR w/a white pad works, then folow that up with the FG on a grey pad. 85RD would be optional then.
    Thanks Lou. Glad to hear that it doesn't seem to serious
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU