autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Best quality paint sealant or cleaner/sealant you can purchase at your local auto store?

I used Duragloss products exclusively for all my waxing, sealant, polishing products. Unfortunately, they stopped carrying Duragloss at my local parts store. I am not "brand loyal" and like the idea of having quick access to products that are sold nearby versus ordering online. Of course, not much of a selection and mediocre performing products are only sold at the nearby stores. Anyone have any recommendations to what products work well that you can pick up locally?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best quality paint sealant or cleaner/sealant you can purchase at your local auto store?

rather than buy something you may not be familiar with, it may be worth the wait to do an order and know for sure the kind of results you'll achieve. you can't wait a few extra days to do an order?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best quality paint sealant or cleaner/sealant you can purchase at your local auto store?

It's not a time urgency issues. I just like having the peace of mind knowing the product(s) are sold nearby incase I ever needed more of something. Rather, the alternative is stocking up on everything and letting it sit to run out of each product at different times.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Garage is sold at just about all the major auto parts stores. Griots One Step sealant for a all in one product and Liquid Poly Wax for a true sealant with no cleaners and better protection. One step is easier to find but a pain to buff off. I just order online myself much easier and i've not locked myself into a certain product or selection. It takes 2 to 3 days to order and Amazon prime is even quick. You're gonna know pretty far in advance if you need more sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inzer585 View Post
    Griots Garage is sold at just about all the major auto parts stores.
    I think this is highly location dependant. Where I live, Griots is only sold in one of the three chain of parts store, and they do not cary the entire line. Wheel cleaner, a trim product, and maybe one of the one-step AIO type products, and a few pads/towels is all they stock.

I occasionally stroll down the auto detailing isles of my local big box and auto parts stores just to see what they offer. Honestly, now days I don't really see anything that interests me. Here at AG, there is a far better selection and good selection. You don't have to spend a fortune here to get good products. I will admit to changing my shopping patterns to ensure I don't run out and still hit the good sales. Fortunatly, the sales seem to come more often these days.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never used Griot's products (compound, polish, sealants, ect..) for anything. I have their 6 inch DA polisher and yes that is terrific. How do their products stack up to Meguiars Ultimate line? I found Megs ultimate above average, don't read too many terrific or bad things about Griots so am getting the impression they are similar.

Post Thanks / Like

•Local OTC Sealant/Cleaner-Sealant:

-Most of the auto parts stores in my
    area carries an assortment of Mothers,
    and Meguiar's products that fall within
    the categories you listed.
    -You could always give the underrated,
    and mostly misunderstood: NuFinish...
    the "Ol' College Try!" (OCT)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2002mrhill View Post
    It's not a time urgency issues. I just like having the peace of mind knowing the product(s) are sold nearby incase I ever needed more of something. Rather, the alternative is stocking up on everything and letting it sit to run out of each product at different times.
    Are you buying these "nearby" products in 2.5 oz. sample sizes?

The reason I ask is, all the products I buy here at AG in the 16 oz. sizes are enough to do my full-sized truck over & over again for many seasons.

If you decided you liked one of these products and figured how long the bottle will last, you'd have like a 2 year "heads up" to decide to reorder.

JMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.