autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse sealant, what am I doing wrong?

KLASSE SEALANT GLAZE IS NOT HARD TO APPLY!

OP, you need to follow my easy steps to bliss with KSG:

- get yourself a medium sized bowl and fill it about half way with water.

-find a smallish spray bottle, like a 4 ounce spray bottle and pour KSG into it.

-grab a square, cotton applicator.

1. Take the applicator and dunk it into the bowl and wring it out so it's damp but not dripping wet.

2. Spray 1 or 2 squirts onto the damp applicator and work into the panel of section your working on. Your going to go left to right and up and down, working the product into the panel.

3. Without waiting, take your microfiber towel and wipe the product off, no need to wait as it's acrylic. Continue on to do the entire car...DO NOT USE ON GLASS, here it IS hard to remove.

4. Wait 12 hrs and apply a 2nd coat and watch that paint POP! NO NEED TO TOP WITH ANYTHING! Doing this will change the looks that KSG has just delivered.

DID I MENTION THAT KSG IS NOT HARD TO WORK WITH😔

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes gamagreen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ya I am going to say not to do the above. The manufacturer usually know how to use their product and i dont think diluting it down with water is a good idea. I actually tired it with Klasse and I didnt like it.

What I did do however was, I went out and bought and emptied a Bod spray bottle and cleaned it out really good. I put the klasse into that. I took a microfiber applicator pad and at about arms length out I misted a few sprays onto the applicator, Just to the point where I could feel it was on there. I applied it to the section I was working on. Now when I applied it I made sure to do two things. One spread it out well using left to right and up and down motions. Two I just kept wiping until it pretty much disappeared on me and saw no streaks. I then went over the area with a microfiber towel and buffed it out even further, also with this stuff I think it is important to use a clean side very very often when buffing it out. It just seems to help a lot.

Now after that first spray I kept the misting to about 1 or 2 sprays and then just did the rest as I described above. The misting part instead of pouring it on from the jug I think makes it less saturated on the applicator and more evenly distributed. Also that way you dont get as much of the high spots when it first hits the paint. Makes it easier to spread out.

Hope this helps out .. oh and it doesnt have to be a bod sprayer ... it just what I could find at about midnight and I liked how the bottle sprayed with the fine mist.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like if I do a 2'x2' area the first half gets too much sealant but it's still not enough to spend to the second half of the area. Then the first half is hard to remove and sometimes leaves behind marks. After 12+ hours I did onr it and it removed a few klasse spots but still disappointing after spending sooooo much time beforehand.

I'll try the sprayer. I found one that came with a screen protector that should work well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ross93 View Post
    It seems like if I do a 2'x2' area the first half gets too much sealant but it's still not enough to spend to the second half of the area. Then the first half is hard to remove and sometimes leaves behind marks. After 12+ hours I did onr it and it removed a few klasse spots but still disappointing after spending sooooo much time beforehand.

I'll try the sprayer. I found one that came with a screen protector that should work well.
    I think that is coming from pouring it onto the applicator.

If you are using a spray bottle from a screen protector you might want to hold it a bit closer to the applicator pad ... I dont think that sprays as much as the Bod sprayer that I use for it. But again probably only about 2 or 3 mists at first and then maybe 1 or 2 after that. Also I dont put the applicator completely flat when I first hit the paint with it, to kinda control how much I put down in one spot at first. But just wipe it down at a good speed up and down and left to right and it will eventually go to where you just about cant see it or cant see it at all.

Mike Phillips

Here,

I wrote this just for people trying to use Klasse Sealant Glaze

A tip for working with waxes, paint sealants or coatings that are new to you

Please click on the link and read the article.

I didn't use the product name Klasse Sealant Glaze in the title of the article because I didn't want to draw any form of negative attention to the product and it's characteristic difficutly in use when not used by applying very thin amounts.

But - I think I'll change the name.

A tip for working with Klasse Sealant Glaze - READ This before removing the lid off the bottle

Post Thanks / Like

The stuffs a pain in the azz. If you want acrylic protection you could use chemical guys wet mirror glaze, its easy to apply then you can put a regular wax over it. the klasse is not worth the hassle when there are so many other things out there. it doesn't even look that great imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    The stuffs a pain in the azz. If you want
    acrylic protection you could use chemical
    guys wet mirror glaze, its easy to apply
    then you can put a regular wax over it.
    the klasse is not worth the hassle when
    there are so many other things out there.
    it doesn't even look that great imo.
    Deja Poo:
    The feeling that one has
    heard this crap before.

it doesn't even look that great imo.
    IMO:
    "The Klasse Twins" are the
    Chivas Regal of the LSPs!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Deja Poo:

IMO:
    "The Klasse Twins" are the
    Chivas Regal of the LSPs!

Bob
    Perfectly characterized. Clarity of point obvious to anyone who appreciate single malts and disdains blends. Touche'

Post Thanks / Like

The stuffs a pain in the azz. If you want acrylic protection you could use chemical guys wet mirror glaze, its easy to apply then you can put a regular wax over it. the klasse is not worth the hassle when there are so many other things out there. it doesn't even look that great imo.
    Wet Mirror Glaze is a joke, if it lasts past one wash that's being generous, I used it and learned the hard way, total waste of time. It ended up in the garbage.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Wet Mirror Glaze is a joke, if it lasts past one wash that's being generous, i used it and leanred the hard way, total waste of time.

Ya I hear a lot of bad things about their protectants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast