autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Waterless car wash Question/help

    Living at a apartment I dont have access to wash my car as much as I used to. so I discovered the waterless car wash method. pretty skeptical I tried it and do like it. I use it as a car wash / instant detailer. seems when it rains my car doesn't really bead up much. especially for the amount of times i am putting this stuff on 4/5 times a week. So I have been using my old stand by Mothers California Gold Carnuba. Living in Florida I want the car protected especially from the sun. waterless car wash I use says "cleans, polishes, protects". I believe in the cleans and polishes, but jury still out on the protects part due to no beading. my questions are

    1. does it hurt to use the waterless car wash as much as i do?

    2. if I used the waterless car wash to clean and polish can I use the Mothers carnuba ton the top pannels hood roof trunk?

    3. does beading equate to protection ?

    4. what I dont like about the water beading is in Florida in the summer its very hot. by afternoon there is always a shower. car beads up then the sun comes back. dries all the beads of water on the paint.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Brian

  2. #2
    Junior Member soobaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    19

    Re: Waterless car wash Question/help

    I use the Optimum no rinse and like it. Convenient and saves money vs car wash. You aren't going to get much if any paint protection from a rinseless or waterless wash. Living in Florida I wouldn't use carnauba wax because it won't stand up to the heat. A polymer sealant like Wolfgang deep gloss sealant or Blackfire wet diamond would last much longer than a wax. Lots of other sealants to choose from, those are just two good ones. Try one and I bet you won't use wax again.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,176

    Re: Waterless car wash Question/help

    Quote Originally Posted by Floridian Mustang View Post
    Living at a apartment I dont have access to wash my car as much as I used to. so I discovered the waterless car wash method. pretty skeptical I tried it and do like it. I use it as a car wash / instant detailer. seems when it rains my car doesn't really bead up much. especially for the amount of times i am putting this stuff on 4/5 times a week. So I have been using my old stand by Mothers California Gold Carnuba. Living in Florida I want the car protected especially from the sun. waterless car wash I use says "cleans, polishes, protects". I believe in the cleans and polishes, but jury still out on the protects part due to no beading. my questions are

    1. does it hurt to use the waterless car wash as much as i do?No, providing you are using clean towels for each panel.

    2. if I used the waterless car wash to clean and polish can I use the Mothers carnuba ton the top pannels hood roof trunk?Yes, you can top it with a carnuba, but you can't polish paint with a waterless wash.

    3. does beading equate to protection ?Debatable question and depends what LSP you are using.

    4. what I dont like about the water beading is in Florida in the summer its very hot. by afternoon there is always a shower. car beads up then the sun comes back. dries all the beads of water on the paint.And leaves dirt spots on your paint!

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Brian

  4. #4
    Senior Member SeanChav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    406

    Re: Waterless car wash Question/help

    as was said above I would shy away from a carnuba wax in a hot climate location like ur in.... I'm in AZ and found out about that the hard way as well.... get a good quality sealant, which will be able to stand up to the hot temps, and also I would probably switch waterless wash also....I personally like and use Ultima.... even on a bare panel a week after using Ultima to wipe it down it rained and the panel showed some pretty decent beading
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

  5. #5

    Re: Waterless car wash Question/help

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Thanks for your help. I like the beading. but i cringe when its very hot. rains, then the sun comes out. which in Florida is every day in the summer

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,176

    Re: Waterless car wash Question/help

    Quote Originally Posted by Floridian Mustang View Post
    Thanks for your help. I like the beading. but i cringe when its very hot. rains, then the sun comes out. which in Florida is every day in the summer
    I feel for you man, just keep it clean and well waxed.

  7. #7
    Senior Member ronkh57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,694

    Re: Waterless car wash Question/help

    Where in FL you from?

  8. #8

    Re: Waterless car wash Question/help

    Marion co.

  9. #9

    Re: Waterless car wash Question/help

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I feel for you man, just keep it clean and well waxed.
    Oh I do. guys at work say I am OCD.

  10. #10

    Re: Waterless car wash Question/help

    Quote Originally Posted by soobaroo View Post
    I use the Optimum no rinse and like it. Convenient and saves money vs car wash. You aren't going to get much if any paint protection from a rinseless or waterless wash. Living in Florida I wouldn't use carnauba wax because it won't stand up to the heat. A polymer sealant like Wolfgang deep gloss sealant or Blackfire wet diamond would last much longer than a wax. Lots of other sealants to choose from, those are just two good ones. Try one and I bet you won't use wax again.
    Paint Sealant. ok Ill give it a try

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question Regarding Waterless Wash
    By h8dirtycars in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 08:02 PM
  2. Waterless rinse less wash question
    By soloswilliams in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-09-2015, 02:22 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 12:50 AM
  4. Question on waterless wash?
    By pyles1735 in forum McKee's 37
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 08:58 PM
  5. Waterless car wash question
    By LazerRed1 in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» May 2017

30 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 123