autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best one-step for production detailing

IF I do top the 360, it would be with Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish which would only add maybe 20 minutes to the detail.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    IF I do top the 360, it would be with Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish which would only add maybe 20 minutes to the detail.
    Plus from what I'm seeing and hearing the fast and it was really good at repelling dust so I'm going to start testing out here shortly but that would be a nice shine with dust repellent as well

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

With 360 you won't need it. 360 contains a sealant in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    With 360 you won't need it. 360 contains a sealant in it.
    I know, depending on how long it takes me to do each car, I might put a quick coat of Fast Finish just to make the customer feel they got their money's worth. The whole "overdeliver" on what they're expecting to get thing.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Give KLASSE a shot. It goes on easy, comes off easy and gives a heck of a shine. AG has it on sale.

Post Thanks / Like

The police cars (including a few newer Explorers), I'm sure are abused. Fortunately on those, they don't expect a show car - or even a showroom (with the DISO option) shine, so as long as I can knock out some of the defects and make them at least respectable, they will be happy.

On the others though, if the first pass with the 360 doesn't give me the results I'm looking for, would a second pass be recommended - or would I be better stepping it up a notch to a more aggressive polish/compound ... (I have Megs Ult Polish & Compound on hand)?
    At $100 a car, if you look at the price of Meguiars D151 you can pick up a gallon for under $40 which is by far cheaper than most AIO's and it finishes out nicely. Then, if you must and it makes you feel better make a pass with the UP, that is some great working stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Plus from what I'm seeing and hearing the fast and it was really good at repelling dust so I'm going to start testing out here shortly but that would be a nice shine with dust repellent as well

The UFF has done nothing for me down here in Baton Rouge to repel dust but it definitely produces a very slick finish and nice shine. I will probably use it once a month just because it is cheap, easy to apply, and I just like it.

Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Before mckees released a dedicated sealant I used it a few times like a wax to protect some cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I know, depending on how long it takes me to do each car, I might put a quick coat of Fast Finish just to make the customer feel they got their money's worth. The whole "overdeliver" on what they're expecting to get thing.
    I understand that and I have no issue with over delivering. I could accomplish the same thing with say using 360 topped with a final wipe with fast wax. Just saying that the protection of similar products does not stack up. Also perform the work that the customer is asking for. You can upsell them later on and say hey I tried this process on this part of the car. It will offer a better look and performance....etc.

Based on what you had posted, the police officers are not expecting a show room detail. I would definitely consider doing what Joe mentions further below on 360 as a one step and just deliver. You also have the option to just clay, protect and spot correct.

But hey if you wish to top then by all means go right ahead. As long as you are having fun. You and I are not wrong on how we see things. It is just my personal outlook on this topic of AIO's.

I would guess that the cut of the McGee's 360 would change depending on my using a cutting or polishing pad? I have only seen one of the cars that I am potentially doing and it is almost like a pastel blueish/gray Hyundai, which hides defects well so I don't see it taking that much time or effort ... it's been moderately well cared for. The others are complete mysteries as to what make & model they are, let alone color.

The police cars (including a few newer Explorers), I'm sure are abused. Fortunately on those, they don't expect a show car - or even a showroom (with the DISO option) shine, so as long as I can knock out some of the defects and make them at least respectable, they will be happy.

On the others though, if the first pass with the 360 doesn't give me the results I'm looking for, would a second pass be recommended - or would I be better stepping it up a notch to a more aggressive polish/compound ... (I have Megs Ult Polish & Compound on hand)?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Attachment 57013Attachment 57014Attachment 57015Attachment 57016Attachment 57017

McKee's 360, it's a time saver, money maker, people pleaser.

For production work you can not beat the results it provides.

Its going to remove moderate to light defects, give great gloss while laying down a durable layer of sealant.

Attractive price point.

16oz for 19.99 I would opt for the 32oz 29.99 before coupon.

32 oz. McKee's 37 360? Corrects, Cleans, Seals

Sent from my SM-N920V using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I would consider doing exactly this as Joe has mentioned. One step and done. 360 should be more than enough in terms of protection.

Post Thanks / Like

My go to All In One polish for daily drivers is Wolfgang Uber All In One. It has an aggressiveness of 6 on the Autopia Polish Comparison chart, and that seems to be what works for me on neglected daily drivers.

Wolfgang Uber All In One, cleaner wax, all in one polish wax

Post Thanks / Like

Does that chart only have AIOs?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast