autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing a beater! - 1972 Buick Riviera Boattail - Review: Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads

Nice! A shame no interior shots.
    Love the Rivs, probably a nice paint job would have this baby looking sweet again. Jeff Beck 7Up Candy would look nice, like one of his Fender Strats!

Honestly, I think I'd rather own one of these, than a lot of the plastic front wheel drive crap they're making today for $30K-$40K. Good to have some real "iron" around you.

As an old friend once told me. you don't want your Gravestone to read "He got 50 MPG".

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing a beater! - 1972 Buick Riviera Boattail - Review: Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads

Mike, was that ss paint? Pads didn't show much color.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    The pictures of the car make it look darker than it looks in person, it's actually a brighter green, looks like a candy green.

I agree. That's one of the reason I drive old Chevy trucks. Paint and chrome. No plastic.

Yes never enaf hrom and candy collors...bicouse of that i by my bike in america...just bicouse of hrom...aaaa its like adrug for me shine shine and shine..
    Detailing a beater! - 1972 Buick Riviera Boattail - Review: Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads Detailing a beater! - 1972 Buick Riviera Boattail - Review: Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads Detailing a beater! - 1972 Buick Riviera Boattail - Review: Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cool ride, Mike! Nice work for a one-step!
    Always nice to see you bring one back from hibernation.

I, too, am a Boat-tail fan. Had a '73 back in the mid to late 70's, eventually trading it for a Corvette. Unfortunately, the bumper laws of '73 corrupted the true boattail look of your '72, but I still cherished it. Got around fairly well for such a heavy thing with a de-smogged 455, Turbo 400, true dual exhaust and police package suspension. I maintained it with Meguiar's #3,#7 and Classic Slipstream.
    Scan of an old instamatic pic isn't that great, but I had to share for all the Riv fans that posted:

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Mike.

Cool car too, I like the lines on these, that mix of sharpness, coupled with the flowing curves . . . works for me.
    Anyhow, the pads - Mike, do these Force pads align in their makeup to other Lake Country pads of the same colour? Such as LC Hybrid orange or cyan to the Force orange?

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

Mike, was that ss paint? Pads didn't show much color.

Good question Ron...

The answer is "yes". This is the original single stage paint. Back in 1972 it could have been the latest technology in lacquer back then or an enamel. It buffs or better it shines up like lacquer.

The pads I sued were mostly blue and the product, HD Speed is purple, so the green paint kind of disappears against the blue and when mixed with the purple but I have not washed the pads yet so this morning I took these pictures. The pad I'm holding in my hand is the Lake Country Force Hybrid GREY pad and so you're seeing green against grey. I did not use a white pad but had I used a white pad the green would be very apparent.

Here you go...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Anyhow, the pads - Mike, do these Force pads align in their makeup to other Lake Country pads of the same colour? Such as LC Hybrid orange or cyan to the Force orange?

Yes except the grey is similar to the hard, sharp ThinPro grey foam cutting pad.

Nice pads, the hole in the center helps to prevent heat transfer from the center of the backing plate to the center and thus the rest of the velcro on the back of a pad and the pad itself.

Mike Phillips

More...

I have NOT shared a LOT of the transformation pictures I took including the washing pictures. Wait till you see this car bleed.

I haven't shown the before shots of the top and now the after pictures, but each morning and every time I have a chance I apply a fresh application of this...

Mike Phillips

This car only has 27, 843.0 miles on her...

The owner came by yesterday and gave me a thumbdrive with pictures of the car before he took possession of it. I don't have time today to go through them as I have a 1932 Ford Roadster to buff out for a new product review but next week I should have some time to go through them.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried the new force pads and like them all, except for the grey pad. It's WAY to stiff. Makes the user experience unpleasant with the 3401, IMO.

Car looks much better now.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast