autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgangs Ceramic Coating

I have searched but have been unsuccessful in finding if this ceramic coating will work on single stage paint? I have a 93 Ford Lightning with the original single stage paint that I would like to use it on. The truck doesn't get outside much but after a season cruise nights and car shows, it starts to chalk out a bit in spots and I wanted to know if this product will help prevent that by offering better protection than a standard paint sealant or wax.

I'm getting ready to polish it out and get it ready for this years little bit of use so thanks in advance for your direction on this.

Shane

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgangs Ceramic Coating

From the product page:
    Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating is not a wax or synthetic paint sealant, but rather a clear resin that chemically bonds to clear coat

Mike Phillips

Re: Wolfgangs Ceramic Coating

Quote Originally Posted by lilzeus View Post

I have searched but have been unsuccessful in finding if this ceramic coating will work on single stage paint?

I have a 93 Ford Lightning with the original single stage paint that I would like to use it on.

The truck doesn't get outside much but after a season cruise nights and car shows, it starts to chalk out a bit in spots and I wanted to know if this product will help prevent that by offering better protection than a standard paint sealant or wax.

I'm getting ready to polish it out and get it ready for this years little bit of use so thanks in advance for your direction on this.

Shane

Hi Shane,

I'd say you're good to go with the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating, or any paint coating.

There's a difference between OLD SCHOOL single stage paints and modern single stage paints.

A truck painted in 1993 would have a modern urethane single stage paint.

A truck painted in 1953 would have an old school, solvent evaporation lacquer single stage paint.

The primary difference would be the modern paint, even though single stage is not near as porous as the old lacquer paint. That's about it as it relates to applying a coating. When working on old lacquers and enamels, after you polish them, if you chemically strip them in order to apply a coating you would like dull them down due to the porosity.

If you go with the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating, my review below is also a step-by-step how-to guide.

Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating