autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you recommend a medium cut polish for production detailing?

I just tried HD Polish + and am MORE than happy with its results. Had no issue getting rid of light swirls and scratches from improper washing, and finished out to a near perfect finish (90% or better IMO) using a Rupes 15 MKII and a white pad.

2. Likes derass liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AIO polish and do a test spot with your pads. Even with a aggressive pad it will turn out nice.
    It might take longer but this will work great. AIO with a micro fiber pad or a agresive foam pad and do a 2nd step with the same polish with a finishing pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rodneypierce View Post
    I just tried HD Polish + and am MORE than happy with its results. Had no issue getting rid of light swirls and scratches from improper washing, and finished out to a near perfect finish (90% or better IMO) using a Rupes 15 MKII and a white pad.
    HD Polish+ is my most used polish by a long shot. It doesn't have quite the cut of m205 but it always finishes perfect even with more aggressive pads. Plus unlike m205 it is extremely easy to wipe away on all different types of paints, especially on soft sticky paint. It can be used over many times of rubber and plastic without staining and smells fantastic. It seems like not alot of people use it or talk about it anymore which is too bad because in my mind there isn't another polish that comes close really. glad you liked it!

5. Likes derass liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    HD Polish+ is my most used polish by a long shot. It doesn't have quite the cut of m205 but it always finishes perfect even with more aggressive pads. Plus unlike m205 it is extremely easy to wipe away on all different types of paints, especially on soft sticky paint. It can be used over many times of rubber and plastic without staining and smells fantastic. It seems like not alot of people use it or talk about it anymore which is too bad because in my mind there isn't another polish that comes close really. glad you liked it!
    Your talk of it actually is the reason I tried it. And it did not disappoint!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    I'm thinking of restocking my stash with HD Polish+. I had the old version which dusted but heard the "+" version doesn't. Which pad have you been using for light maintenance cleanup on something with medium hard paint and you just want to remove very light swirls? For this discussion, let's say the machine is a long throw DA. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I second the performance of Wolfgang Uber compound. It finishes very well. The drawback is it is not economical for production detailing I dont think. Although with some good sales....

BTW, it not only finishes really well, it has great cut to!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your feedback. I do have the older version of HD Polish and other products in the Pinnacle/WolfGang line. Have not tried Menzerna yet. Forum members rave about Griots BOSS Correcting Cream, another product I have yet to use?

Griots Garage BOSS Correcting Cream

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    Thanks all for your feedback. I do have the older version of HD Polish and other products in the Pinnacle/WolfGang line. Have not tried Menzerna yet. Forum members rave about Griots BOSS Correcting Cream, another product I have yet to use?

Menzerna FG400 and SF4000 were my go to products before trying the HD Polish +.

Never tried the BOSS CC

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    I'm thinking of restocking my stash with HD Polish+. I had the old version which dusted but heard the "+" version doesn't. Which pad have you been using for light maintenance cleanup on something with medium hard paint and you just want to remove very light swirls? For this discussion, let's say the machine is a long throw DA. thanks.
    The new version is virtually dust free and has a much longer work time. It's really unique in the sense that it's heavily lubricated but also isn't oily at all which is why I reach for it over Menzerna's 2500 and Meguiar's m205 because it doesn't ever leave residual oils upon removal.
    On medium/hard paint paired with either the boss 15 or the rupes 15 mkII, I have found the buff and shine uro-tec 6" yellow polishing pad to be in a league of it's own. It's incredibly smooth, perfect balance of firm yet soft, 10x more durable than the rupes yellow polishing pad, and less expensive. Although on hard paint the maroon uro-tec heavy polishing pad clearly cuts more, yet always leaves a perfect finish, so that may be your best bet.

With the new HD Polish+ I never prime the pad and I force myself to only use 3 pea size drops. That's all you need even with a long throw polisher where the extra heat and larger throw causes compounds and polishes to flash faster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

I received a few samples of Correcting Cream and it is fantastic and is actually similar to HD Polish+ in the sense that it's extremely lubricated & offers a long buffing cycle, but isn't oily and wipes away clean. They both use non-diminishing abrasives and are 100% dust free. Personally, I think that correcting cream is a bit redundant considering how versatile Fast correcting cream is and even with a microfiber cutting pad tends not to leave much haze if any. The only problem i've found with the boss creams are that they can be EXTREMELY difficult to remove on soft sticky paint and I wish they would offer 32oz. bottles. Not sure why they only offer 16oz. and 128oz.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast