autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you recommend a medium cut polish for production detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    The only problem i've found with the boss creams are that they can be EXTREMELY difficult to remove on soft sticky paint
    Absolutely agree. I have another compound I use on soft paint.

On a side note, HD Polish does use non dimishing abrasives, but the BOSS creams do diminish at end of the buffing cycle(usually after 2-3 section passes).
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a write up on the 205 and a mf pad

http://www.buffdaddy.com/files/15195...20Polish...pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post

On a side note, HD Polish does use non dimishing abrasives, but the BOSS creams do diminish at end of the buffing cycle(usually after 2-3 section passes).
    As if abrasive technology wasn't confusing enough, the hot shots over at Griot's Garage just had to complicate everything further by introducing "non-diminishing, diminishing abrasives." lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post

Is the "difficulty" in removal of BOSS creams on soft paint because it's literally difficult to remove (but the cc is fine after you get the polish off)? Or that it's difficult to not mar the soft paint when removing? (I Hope that question makes sense)

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if this was touched on, but I do mainly production detailing, and most times a coating is the LSP. The predicament can always be that alot of AIOs are silicone based and they are some what medium cut as well. I if found a few none or minimal silicone go to ones that work on at least Japanese and german paint well, however as we all know its a case by case. Meguiars D300, Meguiars M205 and Menzerna Medium Cut Polish 2500... But dont look at the buffing liquid it self, the pads makes a difference as well, so you will have to "play" with different combos to suit the paint and of course machine. I would say maybe about 5% of customers will take a swirl finder light and look into the paint! Once stuff shines its all that matters. Unless you are doing a "showcar" and being compensated on such. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

As if abrasive technology wasn't confusing enough, the hot shots over at Griot's Garage just had to complicate everything further by introducing "non-diminishing, diminishing abrasives." lol
    The first I read on agglomerated abrasives, was Todd Helme's initial write up of FG400 vs M105. Probably why FG400 always cuts so well for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    Is the "difficulty" in removal of BOSS creams on soft paint because it's literally difficult to remove (but the cc is fine after you get the polish off)? Or that it's difficult to not mar the soft paint when removing? (I Hope that question makes sense)
    It's literally difficult to remove, and when any polish is difficult to remove, you will marr the paint, especially soft. I use another compound on soft paint, it's much easier to remove. As a result, the chances of marring are much less.
    '03 Corvette Z06

8. Thanks derass thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I received a few samples of Correcting Cream and it is fantastic and is actually similar to HD Polish+ in the sense that it's extremely lubricated & offers a long buffing cycle, but isn't oily and wipes away clean. They both use non-diminishing abrasives and are 100% dust free. Personally, I think that correcting cream is a bit redundant considering how versatile Fast correcting cream is and even with a microfiber cutting pad tends not to leave much haze if any. The only problem i've found with the boss creams are that they can be EXTREMELY difficult to remove on soft sticky paint and I wish they would offer 32oz. bottles. Not sure why they only offer 16oz. and 128oz.
    Does Correction Cream have any more cut than HD Polish+?

I've tried removing light scratches from my paint with HD Polish+ and it doesn't seem to have enough cut. That leads me to believe my paint is medium or hard, and so I think I'm looking for more of a medium polish, and Correction Cream seems like a good candidate.

I'm using a 7424XP, and 5.5" LC flat pads in white and orange.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derass View Post
    Does Correction Cream have any more cut than HD Polish+?

I've tried removing light scratches from my paint with HD Polish+ and it doesn't seem to have enough cut. That leads me to believe my paint is medium or hard, and so I think I'm looking for more of a medium polish, and Correction Cream seems like a good candidate.

I'm using a 7424XP, and 5.5" LC flat pads in white and orange.
    The PC may need a lot more passes to correct.

That said, if the HD or CC isn't cutting it (pun intended), then Griot's Fast Correcting Cream may be your answer. And it finishes down just like a medium polish. Great stuff.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    The first I read on agglomerated abrasives, was Todd Helme's initial write up of FG400 vs M105. Probably why FG400 always cuts so well for me.
    Fg400 finish very well. i use it with mf pads and results are very very good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234