autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: After Rain - Prevent Water Spots

I am an authorized installer for Optimum. Spotless and MDR do little by themselves to help severe spotting. We have had recent success with bad water spotting using wheel acid that contains Ammonium Bi-Flouride...Yes one's first reaction would be, I WOULD NEVER SPRAY WHEEL ACID on my paint. Rest assured, its totally safe and Opti-Coat Pro and Gloss Coat safe.

Process for removal:
    Ferrex, allow to dwell for a minute
    Hose off
    Spray MDR, gently spread with a foam applicator one section at a time, allow 5-10 minutes to dwell (disregard the 30 seconds the label says) and hose off
    Spray wheel acid, spread gently with foam applicator one section at a time, allow 1 minute to dwell without allowing acid to dry, hose off
    Spotless finish guaranteed!

Post Thanks / Like

have you tried a water spot remover? ive had great results with carpros water spot remover and removing very very hard spots so would thing that if you stray, let dwell and wipe they should come off if they have only been there for a few weeks. ive had it remove spots that have sat for months and baked in over 100 degree desert heat. ill work it in with a yellow or orange pad and then wipe clean. in the end I didn't need to polish and LSP is in tact

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Spotless works quite well. I just spray on the waterspots, let it sit for like.. 10 seconds and then wipe it off then hose it off or so or waterless wash spritz the panel down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhank View Post
    Hi,

I have a black car, detailed flawless with PBL sealant and Souveran Paste Wax. I wash it with CR Spotless Wash, and works great to prevent water spots.

Car was dusty and it rained while I was out, and haven't had a chance to wash it after for 2 weeks. Just washed and the entire hood is covered in the water spots, especially where the dust pooled.

I know how to correct the paint, but asking for best way to prevent after rain without having to wash the entire car after each rain.

Thanks and welcome any advice!
    I have the same issue with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant...and if I top it with Pinnacle Spray Wax it does the same. What's the deal? I'm letting the sealant cure and it is not exposed to moisture until the next day?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the issues have anything to do with how the products are applied. If water sits on the surface and then evaporates it will leave dirt and/or mineral deposits behind. The severity of those spots will depend on many factors.

The only way I can see to totally prevent spotting has already been mentioned: Wash/wipe down the vehicle immediately after it gets wet.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    I have the same issue with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant...and if I top it with Pinnacle Spray Wax it does the same. What's the deal? I'm letting the sealant cure and it is not exposed to moisture until the next day?
    We can send a man to the moon, but we can't stop water spotting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    I came close to trying Spotless. Any worries about it impacting a coating, wax or sealant?
    Spotless will kill or substantially degrade normal waxes and most sealants. It is just barely within the tolerable chemical pH range for CQuartz coatings so that it will not harm the coating (when used as directed).
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, if dust has settled for a day or two on a recently washed car and it rains, you will see water spots. I love coming out to my car after or during a rain and see tight beading, and I don't mind cleaning the water spots after.

A good quick detail spray (Crystal Mist) or a waterless wash will work fine if there is no etching. I remove water spots within a day or two (usually same day) and quick detail spray or waterless wash always works. Then I will hit the horizontal surfaces at least with a spray wax or sealant.

Now hard water from sprinklers or a hose are a horse of different color and all bets are off. Then pull out the polish.

Post Thanks / Like

If the rain is causing your etched water spots, there's not a lot you can do other than keeping the car indoors to prevent spotting. Are you sure the car wasn't hit by a sprinkler or some other source of water? Thankfully the rain does no real spotting where I am, it will only leave imprints in the dust or soiling on a car that will wipe away no matter how long you wait to wash. My "city" water on the other hand will absolutely wreck paint in a very short time in direct sunlight. I have to be on the ball to wash a car with the hose here when it's very hot out or else I'll end up with spotting I have to polish away.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast