autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Recommendations for quick detailer

Wanting to know if there is a better option for quick detailing duties at car shows than the Zaino Z8 I'm currently using. Before anyone jumps on the "Zaino" train-Z8 is the only product I use from them as I don't find the rest of their products effective for what I try to achieve. The reason I love the Z8 so much is it seems to dry easily, does not leave residue as many others I've observed, and shines well. But is there something better available? Again- this is just for quick detail duties- something to wipe any dust/residue off the car after driving to a show and leave it looking it's best. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommendations for quick detailer

Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray and I believe it's on sale at AG's Autopia site right now.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Megs Ultimate quick wax is pretty much a copy of Z8, although its not as slick, doesnt look quite as good and doesnt smell as great.

It is very close, hardly noticeable unless you have used a lot of Z8.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI ... Zaino Z8 (Grand Finale) is actually a spray sealant, not really a quick detailer. Z8 would be used simply for looks and to boost their paint sealant (aka showcar polish) Z6 is the Quick Detailer in the Zaino line. It sounds like your leaning more towards a Detail Spray or Spray Wax/Sealant.

Spray Sealants = Blackfire Polymer Spray , Prima Hydro Max, Duragloss Aquawax, McKee's FastWax, Optimum Spray Car Wax

Quick Detailers = Optimum, Duragloss, 3D Final Touch

Quick detail sprays, spray waxes and spray sealants provide instant shine and paint protection! Pinnacle Crystal Mist, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I use Chemical Guys quick detailer after wash/ Zaino. I have been hooked on that combo for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Brilliant Shine Detailer. It produces an awesome gloss and beads like crazy. It is not very slick though. If you want more slickness, you can mix it with CG V7 (3 parts BSD and 1 part V7).

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz is super slick and shiny, and flash dries without streaks. I love this stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

FK425 for a quick detailed. Looks amazing. Slick. And repels dust.

OCW if you want the wax component.

Post Thanks / Like

FK 425 is one of the best. This product would certainly meet your goal of light dust and smudge removal plus adding some extra "pop" to your paint for a car show.

Having said that though, and I am a religious user of FK 425, there is a new Sheriff in town in the quick detailer product line up...

...and his name is "Kenotek Showroom Shine!"

Not sure if the Kenotek line is available on AG yet, but it was just added to AG's sister site Autopia. You can check it out here:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/kenot...l#.Vw9zMcg8LCQ

The shine and slickness this QD leaves is AMAZING!! I can't think of a better choice to touch up your ride with prior to a car show. I've tried many including Z8, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Prima, BlackFire, and many more.

For what you described you are looking for, Showroom Shine will undoubtedly blow you away!!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    FYI ... Zaino Z8 (Grand Finale) is actually a spray sealant, not really a quick detailer. Z8 would be used simply for looks and to boost their paint sealant (aka showcar polish) Z6 is the Quick Detailer in the Zaino line. It sounds like your leaning more towards a Detail Spray or Spray Wax/Sealant.

Spray Sealants = Blackfire Polymer Spray , Prima Hydro Max, Duragloss Aquawax, McKee's FastWax, Optimum Spray Car Wax

Quick Detailers = Optimum, Duragloss, 3D Final Touch

Quick detail sprays, spray waxes and spray sealants provide instant shine and paint protection! Pinnacle Crystal Mist, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz
    The effect I'm looking for is what you described as spray sealant-which I guess the Z8 is. My biggest problem with self described quick detail sprays has been that they leave residue- meaning I can see exactly where it was sprayed and spread around after it dries=no good. I may check out the blackfire, FK, or the last suggestion from autotopia site. thanks everyone.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast