autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Cheap Insurance - Time Saver - Reputation Saver - Autogeek Detailing Cover-Up Towel

Cheap Insurance - Time Saver - Reputation Saver - Autogeek Detailing Cover-Up Towel

Before machine jeweling the paint on Wayne Carini's 1949 Buick Roadmaster Convertible, I took about 10 minutes to protect the canvas convertible top, protect myself and save some time at the end of the project.

Autogeek Detailing Cover-Up Towel
    Using some 3M Painter's tape I affixed the cover-up towel to cover the canvas convertible top cover as well as second cover-up towel to cover and protect the top of the exposed front seats.

No wax splatter creamed into the weave of the canvas means a professional looking job.

Pick up a couple with your next order. They really come in handy and you can re-wash them and use them over and over again.

On Autogeek.com

Autogeek Detailing Cover-Up Towel

2. Thanks edwelly thanked for this post
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheap Insurance - Time Saver - Reputation Saver - Autogeek Detailing Cover-Up Towel

When did you do this car Mike?

Mike Phillips

Re: Cheap Insurance - Time Saver - Reputation Saver - Autogeek Detailing Cover-Up Towel

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    When did you do this car Mike?
    I did it today after playing catchup from detail fest.

Post Thanks / Like

beautiful. them towels are very handy cant wait to use them on the red caddy its gunna be a good good time for all atendees

Post Thanks / Like

wow look at all them machines in the background thats a lot of real estate there. thank you autogeek !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Those are great for topping boxster and corvette cloth roof,minimizing the need for compressed air and lint rollers.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice tip Mike. This will help reduce the amount of dust debris thrown about from machine polishing.

To effectively close off the cockpit 100%, a roll of plastic would be the ideal way to close up cockpit to eliminate the chance of anything landing inside. These rolls of plastic are used in paint shops to cover up areas where overspray will land from painting.

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased 4 of them and love the time they save and the peace of mind when going around windshields and wiper areas. They are great to keep many areas clean.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

Nice tip Mike. This will help reduce the amount of dust debris thrown about from machine polishing.
    Especially if you accidentally lift the polisher off the paint while there is product on the face of the pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

To effectively close off the cockpit 100%, a roll of plastic would be the ideal way to close up cockpit to eliminate the chance of anything landing inside.

Agree.

I have eco-friendly green plastic drop cloths in the garage for doing just this thing. I was pressed for time and to be honet.... I planned on being VERY careful. So I skipped coving the rest of the interior and the dash.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to order these a while ago but they were out of stock and I completely forgot about them. This is a great reminder, time to put in an order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast