autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rear Bumper Damage Help

Last night i was the victim of a drunk driver who rear ended my new car, and i sustained bumper damage. My question is can i repair my bumper and color match the paint to factory code or should i get a new bumper. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rear Bumper Damage Help-collision-jpg   Rear Bumper Damage Help-collision4-jpg   Rear Bumper Damage Help-collision2-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rear Bumper Damage Help

Quote Originally Posted by Chala View Post
    Last night i was the victim of a drunk driver who rear ended my new car, and i sustained bumper damage. My question is can i repair my bumper and color match the paint to factory code or should i get a new bumper. Thanks!
    I can't really make out the spot for touch up.as far as the bumper bulged out like that,see if it pushes back in without interference if it does and there is no structural damage try using a 2 part epoxy resin and mend it back in place.or bring it to a body shop have them take a look at it.If it were me I'd go about getting a new bumper why should you have to mess around with it unless he hit you and ran.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    If it were me I'd go about getting a new bumper why should you have to mess around with it unless he hit you and ran.
    How much would i be looking at for a new bumper? (Ball park) Look again at the bumper (new pic circled), the crease that is circled. I need to mess around with it, i wasn't exactly a boyscout in this scenario, i rather not get into specifics but he was definitely drunk, i did him a favor by not calling cops.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rear Bumper Damage Help-collision8-jpg  
    Last edited by Chala; 12-25-2015 at 10:25 PM. Reason: text

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely that crease will not go away. The part that is popped out should pop right back in if you push it in correctly. If not, try leaving it in the sun to get warm and try again. looks like the reverse sensor is popped out a little bit also.

How hard did he hit you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boejoula View Post
    Most likely that crease will not go away. The part that is popped out should pop right back in if you push it in correctly. If not, try leaving it in the sun to get warm and try again. looks like the reverse sensor is popped out a little bit also.

How hard did he hit you?
    Not sure how hard, i mean whether he applied brakes or no through my rear veiw it looked like about 25 mph...so your saying i will need a new bumper? Will be getting several estimates later today!

Post Thanks / Like

IF only the left side of the bumper sustained the impact,more than likely not always there will be damage underneath.Give yourself piece of mind and get it checked out by a professional.a new bumper with paint and r and r maybe anywhere from 600 to 1000 depending on where you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you can try contacting a salvage yard for a cheap one in good sharp also.

Post Thanks / Like

Use a heat gun and heat that sucker up and try and push/ manipulate the crease back in. Be careful not to get the bumper to hot but you may be able to work most of it out. Boejoula was right you should be able to smack the bumper back in as well. Also take a glance at this thread, http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...sion-tips.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    IF only the left side of the bumper sustained the impact,more than likely not always there will be damage underneath.Give yourself piece of mind and get it checked out by a professional.a new bumper with paint and r and r maybe anywhere from 600 to 1000 depending on where you go.
    What do you mean damage underneath? The bumper unpainted is $400.00
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcanoe View Post
    Maybe you can try contacting a salvage yard for a cheap one in good sharp also.
    Its a brand new car i'm not going to do that
    Quote Originally Posted by 7PaintGuns View Post
    Use a heat gun and heat that sucker up and try and push/ manipulate the crease back in. Be careful not to get the bumper to hot but you may be able to work most of it out. Boejoula was right you should be able to smack the bumper back in as well. Also take a glance at this thread, http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...sion-tips.html
    Wouldn't chance that i will just pay the piper

Post Thanks / Like

Most cars that take a direct hit on one side or a direct angle absorb so much force there could be supplemental damage you can't see.That why the bumper needs to come off and be inspected by a certified collision expert.You stated bumper is 400 but doesn't include r and r and paint and clear.my client needed a front bumper on a 12 accord ended up paying 750 in total with paint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast