autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stop lurking and join the forum today!

Best decision I made was to join this awesome forum

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGXP View Post
    150%

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post

Agreed, I started as a lurker but very soon after moved to registering and posting and then purchasing and being a customer.

Its the only detailing forum I am on or registered to and has been most valuable. Top products, top advice and awesome service, this coming from someone on the other side of the planet.

Thanks AutoGeek, you have a lifetime customer (Can't wait to receive the new stuff I ordered).

Quote Originally Posted by PreludeVTEC01 View Post

I agree.

This is one of if not the most friendly car forum I have ever been a part of!

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post

I joined almost as soon as i found AGO back in 2007 having come from a few other detailing forums that ranged from aloof to downright unhospitable.

I had enough of those who may have had less experience than me proceed to berate me or my question.

When i found AGO i exhaled and settled in!

When i think back to my involvement with other online forums, i remember being hesitant to even ask a question due to wanting to avoid the unearned wrath.

I sat in silence, read whatever was useful and progressed my skills much slower than i do now.

Enter AGO and wow!

This place is the most accomodating, friendly exchange of information on everything detailing and then some.

I have shed my fear of participation because of this place and its character. Because of that, i have learned so much personally that i never would have obtained from just sitting on the sidelines reading.

Sure, we can all continue to read posts and Mike's articles but its when you make it personal that it really pays off.

Questions like "why am i getting streaking with my first layer of XYZ?" or "does anyone else use ABC on one stage paints?" yield genuine answers here that help YOU personally.

Plus that same question also helped maybe 112 lurkers. Plus the fact that experience level doesn't matter here. Don't be the least bit intimidated.

Jump on in, grab a cold one outta the fridge and have a seat with us. We might learn something from YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by parshooter View Post

Yes, come on in and join the fun. It won't cost you a dime

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

Yep...Join Up!
    That's what I did:
    Exactly five (5) years ago today.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

Come on and join the party

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post

151% +1

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post

The wealth of knowledge from AGO... Magnificent!!!

Glad I joined! My car is literally the cleanest on the street because of the people on here have helped me get there.

In comparison to AGO USERS, I have so much more to learn to get my car top notch!! Thank you guys!! And Mike for your help on previous questions I've had.

Another great reason why I love this forum. It's nice to have Mike and company reps reply back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post

I lurked from 2009 until May of 2013.

It's been a fantastic time, and learned a LOT of great information.

The overall tone and vibe is, and has been friendly, and helpful, since my lurking days!

Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF View Post

We are just one big happy and shiny family.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

@Mike Phillips. You're so right. I myself had been lurking for about a year mostly due to not knowing how easy it would be to register an account.

I tend to dislike certain sites which require too much wierd information in order to be able to post.. But Autogeek was easy.

And I'm glad I finally joined, because if I hadn't joined when I did, I wouldn't have went to last Saturdays Roadshow Class in Huntington Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post

This is the friendliest best forum there is, on any topic, PERIOD.

There are lots of forums where people believe what they think and know is the only way and if you dont agree with them you are wrong.

Not here.

Everyone has favorite products, and processes, and of course we all try to share our enthusiasm for such, but there is no knocking of people for sticking with alternatives.

Like Mike says, if you find something you like, use it and use it often.

But beware, this forum isnt free! While there is no charge to use it, it is fuel for our crazy passion (addiction) and will cause money to be spent on products! Lots of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post

I think the reason this forum is easy on new folks unlike others, where you mention how everyone says just search, is because of the large number of super detailed threads by Mike.

We have a simple way to just link the basics and help people find the most relevant and in depth tutorials.

There aren't too many forums out there that work like this one does.

Quote Originally Posted by jms493 View Post

Well said. I will admit...I was a lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post

Best decision I made was to join this awesome forum

Thank you to everyone that chimed in with their comments....

Much appreciated!

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So true, hear hear.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Pinpoint_Precision View Post
    So true, hear hear.

You've come a long way since we first met!

1955 DeSoto Firedome - Antique Single Stage Paint Restoration

It's always very rewarding to see your work and watch your success!

Good job my friend! And I appreciate you sharing your work on our forum.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been detailing my cars in the beginning of 2000. I started lurking around since 2010. Stopped buying all c#%p I was buying for years. Decided to join in 2013. I've got my first free samples from super nice forum member Billy Jack. Now, I cannot skip checking forum daily before going to bed.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Angrypistols here, I have been lurking for the better part of a year and am delighted to now be a member of your forum. Thanks for inviting me and I hope to contribute to the forum in some small way in the future.

I have made several purchases from AGO to support my new found hobby(addiction)of detailing the cars in my household. Anyone else ready for spring?

Anyway glad to be here to learn and absorb. I am attaching a photo of Mrs Angry's pickup with a coat of Collinite 845 and Klasse for your review critique.

Angry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stop lurking and join the forum today!-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Autogeek rocks...exceptional customer service, products & forum. I've learned a lot here.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by VeloNYC View Post

I started lurking around since 2010.

Decided to join in 2013.

Now, I cannot skip checking forum daily before going to bed.

Great story! Thank you for sharing and thank you for joining our forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Stop lurking and join the forum today!

I read posts everyday from people that have been lurking for years! Then one day they finally click the link to join the forum and join so they can either ask questions or answer questions for other forum members.

This is a great forum. Not a good forum but a great forum. I know from first hand experiences that on most forums the members are brash and sometimes just downright rude and especially to new members merely asking questions.

Not here.

We don't allow that kind of behavior on this forum. My personal experience on other forums made me leave and never come back. For this reason I personally have always strived to make any forum I'm a part of both friendly and helpful.

That's why you don't see people asking questions only to have the forum bullies answer,

Use the search button

Nope... not going to happen here. You ask a question and the norm is you get all the information you were looking for and hoping for and that's what a great forum is all about.

So if you're reading this and you've been lurking for days or months or even years then make the leap of faith that you're truly joining a top notch, professional grade forum and join in the fun.

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline Detailing Discussion Forum

If you're reading this and you've made the transition from lurker to member then chime in with your story. I know you'll inspire others to do the same.

Also... on this forum there is no such thing as a dumb question. We ALL started in the same place and that's knowing nothing. Even me.

The only way you learn is to ask questions. So instead of lurking and searching for questions and answers members have asked do yourself a favor and join in the fun an be part of the best detailing discussion forum on the net. I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    I joined almost as soon as i found AGO back in 2007 having come from a few other detailing forums that ranged from aloof to downright unhospitable. I had enough of those who may have had less experience than me proceed to berate me or my question. When i found AGO i exhaled and settled in!

When i think back to my involvement with other online forums, i remember being hesitant to even ask a question due to wanting to avoid the unearned wrath. I sat in silence, read whatever was useful and progressed my skills much slower than i do now.

Enter AGO and wow! This place is the most accomodating, friendly exchange of information on everything detailing and then some. I have shed my fear of participation because of this place and its character. Because of that, i have learned so much personally that i never would have obtained from just sitting on the sidelines reading.

Sure, we can all continue to read posts and Mike's articles but its when you make it personal that it really pays off. Questions like "why am i getting streaking with my first layer of XYZ?" or "does anyone else use ABC on one stage paints?" yield genuine answers here that help YOU personally. Plus that same question also helped maybe 112 lurkers. Plus the fact that experience level doesn't matter here. Don't be the least bit intimidated.

Jump on in, grab a cold one outta the fridge and have a seat with us. We might learn something from YOU.

Well said Gentlemen.

Very happy to be a member of this incredibly friendly forum. There is no other place to be than here.

Post Thanks / Like

Guilty as charged, but i'm in!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast