Some of you may remember my post a few months ago about removing vinyl lettering from my Tundra.

Well, I went ahead and removed the lettering from the roof, figuring since no one sees it I could experiment a little. Lots of residue from the edges of the lettering; not sure if it's wax build up, adhesive, or dirt/grime/fallout. Since I don't have a machine yet, I resorted to my Meg's DA Power System that I got for Christmas. I worked on a small section for quite awhile with UC, and the DA system actually worked pretty well for what it is. If you look at the photo below you can see the residue in the upper half of the photo. In the center of the photo is the area that I worked on. It looks pretty good in the photo but in person at just the right angle you can still see the outline of the lettering. The thing is, I don't feel ANYTHING; not even anything to catch a fingernail. The paint is perfectly smooth. Am I at the point where only a wet sand will get rid of the outline or should I try a machine polisher first? Since the paint is smooth I'm not sure if it's worth trying a machine. What do you guys think?