autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Liquid Souveran vs paste Souveran

Is there much difference in the final results of using liquid Souveran opposed to the paste version?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liquid Souveran vs paste Souveran

Quote Originally Posted by 44Doug88 View Post
    Is there much difference in the final results of using liquid Souveran opposed to the paste version?
    As anecdotal evidence, it seems to me that Paste Souverain lasts longer. On the other hand, the spray is so easy to use after a wash that I use it much more than any other wax at this point and I put i on every month. The only time the longevity of the paste makes a difference to me is in the Fall when preparing for Winter.

Having said all that, I'm slowly switching over to coatings which last much, much longer than any wax...

YMMV,

<TED>

Post Thanks / Like

IMO the Paste wax is better. I have both and a side by side comparison shows the paste wax has a wetter, glossier and more depth. The paste has more carnauba and maybe that's the difference. Either way, you can't go wrong with either. If it were me I would go with the paste wax.

Souveran Paste wax is in my "few I like" category. I have a bunch of waxes too!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

The liquid Souveran (not the spray) is a hybrid wax unlike the paste version. The liquid has polymers, whereas the paste does not. I use the liquid and I really like the glassy shine it gives. Also, it seems to make my paint sparkle a bit when the sun hits it.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the liquid Sourveran (not spray) and I really like it. Unless someone can convince me that the paste version is a lot better, I'll just stick with the liquid. Really gives my C6 red Vette a good shine, wet look and depth.

Thanks for the responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 44Doug88 View Post
    I've been using the liquid Sourveran (not spray)
    and I really like it.

Really gives my C6 red Vette a good shine,
    wet look and depth.

I'll just stick with the liquid
    ^^^^^^
    Stick with the liquid version.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

All the Pinnacle waxes are completely different formulas and design. Souveran Paste was designed to mimic a very expensive pure 'nuba paste wax from another highly regarded company. It succeeded and advanced that product and at a much lower price point. It super easy to apply and remove. Most people use far too much and some complain of durability issues. It works best when used in conjunction with Pinnacle soap. With the addition of Souveran Spray Wax, you have a booster that helps more than Crystal Mist with the look and length of protection. Generally speaking, it looks best on solid colors like Black, Red, and Yellow .... but can be used on all paint. Its offer depth that is amazing, and a wetness that has to be seen.

Souveran Liquid really adds not only longer durability, but really appears to amplify metallic paints. It is also just as easy to use but the formula is completely different. Most will offer that application is a bit different in that it can fully dry before buffing off (opposite of the directions for Souveran Paste). While I don't have the key to the formula, their are clearly different ingredients that add a different level of gloss also. Its a great value.

In the end, it all comes down to the perceived value and the outcome of the wax in your eyes. If one version offers what you want then keep using it. I personally find all three (that includes SSII Paste) are worth the price and have differences that are notable especially when you study them back to back.

I too have moved to coatings because of their durability and time saved that is given back to my family. But I will always miss the look of a traditional wax and still gravitate to 'nuba based finished especially at car-shows.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Below is how I net out Pinnacle Souveran. This perspective works for me and I am not intending to dismiss the POV of others. The choice is still up to the buyer and the solution to meet stated or perceived needs of the consumer.

Liquid - more polymers and lasts longer than paste, better gloss for lighter-colored paints

Paste - more carnauba, better depth on dark-colored paints than liquid, doesn't last as long as liquid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    Below is how I net out Pinnacle Souveran. This perspective works for me and I am not intending to dismiss the POV of others. The choice is still up to the buyer and the solution to meet stated or perceived needs of the consumer.

Liquid - more polymers and lasts longer than paste, better gloss for lighter-colored paints

Paste - more carnauba, better depth on dark-colored paints than liquid, doesn't last as long as liquid
    I prefer the Paste wax over the liquid for my ride and dark colored cars. The Liquid is used for lighter colored cars. Thank you for pointing this out. I couldn't have said this any better.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I love them both... The past Souveran is my "Private Stock"...
    I buy 1 GAL versions of Liquid Soveran for customers. But honestly, they're both amazing. If you're looking for speed when applying with DA, obviously the Liquid is quicker... (one small pea sized drop goes a long way).

I prefer DA for both though...

This S-550 was done with Liquid Souveran.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast