autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Corporate Aircraft

You said it Jet A.

I'd say Chemical Guys Jetseal may be a good choice for a sealant. Tried and tested on aircraft. I have some and have used it on my vehicles.

Chemical Guys JetSeal 109 Super Acrylic Sealant Formula 16 oz.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

My 2 cents: The mfg will recommend what type of cleaners are recommended for care but do not mention wax by brands. Normally new aircraft are detailed by an outside company. You do not have to have a license to wash and was a plane. Used aircraft have often been repainted with the info in the log book so check to see if it is the factory paint. As there are various types of paints used in aviation check the type so you know what you are working with. You A&P's should be able to help you out there. Aircraft supply vendors usually carry waxes in the catalogs. As an A&P/IA I won't make a product recommendation in a forum. Liability is a little worse in aviation.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok to keep this from going overboard in case someone thinks my previous post was way off, aircraft made by company B can be waxes with any high grade automotive or aircraft wax or polish. It is not recommended to use silicone wax because it is hard to remove. Auto Geek has plenty of good waxes with Collinite 845 being one that can be used.

Post Thanks / Like

I havent logged into AG forum in quite some time but was shocked the direction this thread started and was going. Seems there is also a lack of respect flowing through this thread which is completely unnecessary. I was going to try and help as much as possible with any questions pertaining to aircraft detailing but did not really see any answerable questions. If anyone has any questions about aircraft detailing please feel free to contact me. I actually train aircraft detailing to detailers from around the nation. While we detail autos, buses, boats, etc - aviation is where I started my detailing career over 16 years ago. I was also in the USAF as a crew-chief on F-16's. While yes anyone can go on an online forum and say they know what they are doing - Autogeek has always been a wonderful place to expand one's knowledge with detailing and is a great place to network with professionals from all around the world. Not sure what the point of this thread was but I am more than happy to help anyone with questions when it pertains to aircraft detailing.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    You said it Jet A.

I'd say Chemical Guys Jetseal may be a good choice for a sealant. Tried and tested on aircraft. I have some and have used it on my vehicles.

Chemical Guys JetSeal 109 Super Acrylic Sealant Formula 16 oz.
    You can use all the CGs products you want on your airplane - just don't fly over my house.

On the other hand, Pinnacle's Souveran offers enough jetting to keep even a Dodo Juice bird flying high. I believe Microfiber Madness Cloud Busters are the only approve towel for buffing off the residue per FAA guidelines.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree this was an awkward posting. Detailing aircraft is not something that can just be jumped into without having a knowledge of aviation. The paints and technology have evolved just as the automotive industry. Even items like deice boots that should be simple to maintain have manufactures warnings in the manuals not to use brand X products on brand Y installations and vice versa. You could find yourself in a legal mess if your not careful these days. I was using a mfgs maintenance manual as a reference to usable products.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123