autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Rupes and Antique Single Stage Oxidized Paint

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post

Wow! Amazing turn around!

That can't be the original decal and pinstriping. That paint and decals were thrashed.

Can you let us know what Rupes combo and LSP was used?

I was surpriszed and impressed in how the color on the hood graphics came back to life. The graphics, like the paint, had years of dirt build up plus road grime and normal oxidation.

To machine polish I used the Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine Cut Polish with the 7" Rupes White Ultra Soft Foam pad on the Rupes Bigfoot 21 and a slow speed with a light touch.

This is the same tool, pad adn product I used on the Autogeek graphics on Bruno's COPO Camaro a day or two before Detail Fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

COPO Camaro - Flex vs Rupes - Carbon Fiber Hood Extreme Makeover

To clean and brighten the Ivan graphics a softly machine polished and then machine waxed the graphics using the Rupes Bigfoot 21 with the super ultra soft white foam polishing pad and the NEW & Improved Diamond Ultra Fine Polish.

The Trans-Am will be back in the future, my buddy Mark owns it and he's always around when he's not flyin guy like Wayn Carine around South Florida.

Wayne Carini's Helicopter Tour of Sunny Stuart, Florida the home of Autogeek

Local Helicopter Pilot and Instructor Mark Lewis gave Wayne a eagles eye view of South Florida with a tour over the coastline in a helicopter!

Newbie Member Paul_no_Longer_uses_this_account's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful car and the paint restoration makes it look even better. I would like to comment on one thing and I hope I won't get hammered for this. But the car isn't exactly like the one in Smokey and the Bandit. Two and possibly three things are different. The hood decal, wheels and possibly T-tops (hard to tell from picture) are different. The car in Smokey and the Bandit had 15 x 7 wheels, Hursts T-tops, and the hood decal looks completely different. This one has 15 x 8 wheels and judging from the picture it looks like it has Fisher T-tops. I'm not taking anything away from the car because like I said it looks great and I'd love to have it in my garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike P,

Thanks for answering my question. I would never in a million years believe that was Rupes Diamond Ultrafine with Rupes White pad. Amazing! Thought for sure it was gonna be the Rupes blue or green.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Just to note, the Bandit Run will be taking place here in Florida this year. Mark Lewis, the owner of the Trans-Am featured in this thread will be participating. Because it's been 3 years since I detailed his Trans-Am I've offered to warm it over to restore it to its full glory for the Bandit Run.

Stay tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

The photos are gone for this one. Rupes and Antique Single Stage Oxidized PaintRupes and Antique Single Stage Oxidized PaintRupes and Antique Single Stage Oxidized Paint

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged75 View Post

The photos are gone for this one. Rupes and Antique Single Stage Oxidized PaintRupes and Antique Single Stage Oxidized PaintRupes and Antique Single Stage Oxidized Paint

They're back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12